Chapter 14

"Not that song again Alex, come on." Reggie groans as he playfully hits his head on the back of Alex's car seat.

"I'm driving. My car, my music." I can't help but laugh at the boys arguing as I sit in the passenger seat next to Alex.

"I don't understand why you like Ariana Grande." Reggie pouts as he sinks back into his seat.

"She's a queen, right Tan?"

"Sorry Reg, gonna have to agree with Alex on that one." I say, biting my lip to stifle back a laugh. "But, maybe we could play another song?"

Alex looks at me with a hurt expression as I roll my eyes.

"Eyes on the road." I say, picking up his phone to click shuffle for the rest of the drive.

Soon enough, the four of us were on the beach and as soon as our towels were laid out, Reggie was already begging to go into the water.

Without much convincing, Luke and Alex both agreed to go as I sat down on my towel with my sunglasses covering my eyes.

"You coming Roomie?"

"Maybe later Reg." I smile as he nods before trying to rush the boys.

"Hold on man, we don't need to go swimming with shirts on." Luke chuckles, shaking his head as he lifts his shirt over his head and I can't help but watch with my finger between my teeth. "Race you there."

With that Luke and Reggie were running across the sand to the water before jumping in immediately as I watch in amusement.

"Enjoying the view?" I snap out of my thoughts as I turn to Alex who sits down next to me.

"It's beautiful here."

"You know, just because you have sunglasses on, don't think I couldn't see you checking Luke out."

"I was not." I say dropping my head in my hands as my cheeks blush red. "Okay maybe I was but you would too."

"Wrong person to say that too." He says chuckling as I nudge him.

"Alex man, come!" Luke shouts making me raise my eyebrow.

"Go Al, I'm just gonna lie here for a while."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, now go!" I say laughing as he gets up and jogs over to the boys. I have to agree with Ella on this one, those three are definitely a sight for sore eyes

After taking off the clothes that were on top of my costume, I lay back on the towel, placing my hat over my face as I feel the sun on my skin, allowing my body to relax completely.

I zone out for a while, keeping to the thoughts in my head as I soak up the sun. Coming from London, I could definitely use a tan of any sort right now.

"Carson!" I lift the hat off my head before propping myself up on my hands. My eyes focus on Luke walking towards me, his hair and body completely drenched with water. "You've been out here for a while, I think it's time to come in."

He stands right in front of me, holding his hand out to help me up.

"I'm enjoying the sun though." I say pouting as he chuckles.

"The sun isn't going anywhere."

"Neither is the sea."

"Touché." He laughs before holding his hand out even further to me.

"You're dripping water on me." I say huffing as I place my hand in his, allowing him to pull me up off the towel and right against his body as he wraps his arms around me. "Luke!"

I burst out laughing as I try to push against his chest to move away from him.

"Don't fight it Carson." He winks down at me, causing my cheeks to flush.

"Well, are we gonna go swim or what?" I say trying to distract him from noticing the blush on my cheeks, managing to get out of his hold before running to the boys.

The rest of the day we spent at the beach, swimming, eating and just talking. The more I think about it, it's crazy how much these boys have come to mean to me over such a short period of time.

Right now I'm making my way downstairs after showering to look for the boys who weirdly enough weren't anywhere upstairs.

"Guys?" I call out as I walk to the TV room only to be met with an empty room.

I make my way down to their studio, assuming they must be there considering they weren't anywhere else in the house.

"Guys?" I ask as I walk into the room, seeing Luke sitting by himself on the couch with a book and guitar in his lap. "Oh, hey."

"Tan, all okay?"

"Yeah, I was just looking for you guys?" The words come out as more of a question as I furrow my eyebrows.

"Reg and Alex went out like ten minutes ago." He explains as I nod before walking further into the room.

"Mind if I join you?"

"By all means." He says moving over on the couch to make space for me.

"Thanks, what you doing down here alone?"

"Was writing a bit, usually come here alone a lot to write songs for the band."

"Oh, I'm sorry for interrupting Luke, you could have just sa-"

"Tan, stay." He grabs my hand gently stopping me from standing up, pulling me back down to sit next to him.

"I don't want to distract you." I say honestly as I look up at him, allowing my eyes to meet his.

"I like having you around." He says biting his bottom lip while looking down at me.

"What're you writing at the moment, if I'm allowed to ask?"

"Of course you can, they aren't really complete yet, but this ones called Where I Belong."

I found a reason
And suddenly I'm not so alone
I'm finally breathing
Like I never could on my own
Start the countdown, let's get it on
Scream our lungs out to our favorite song
'Cause this is where I belong

"Woah Luke, this is really good!" I say amazed as I read over the rest of the lyrics he's scribbled across the page. "You're seriously talented."

"Thank you." He says smiling at me as I hand him back the book.

I wrap my arms around myself, looking up to see the cold air coming out of the air conditioner. I turn to see Luke sitting up and pulling the sweater over his head. "Here."

"It's cold in here, you need to keep that Luke."

"Carson." He says chuckling as he hands me the sweater. "It's not that cold in here, I'm fine eh?"

I nod slowly, sitting forward to pull the sweater over my head and hold the sleeves over my hands.

"You look nice in my sweater."

"Thank you." I say trying not to blush while sitting back, watching him bite his bottom lip as he nods his head at me. "You don't have to stop writing because I'm here, unless you're uncomfortable."

"You wanna help me?"

"Luke, I- I can't write music." I giggle softly shaking my head.

"It's always nice to hear another point of view."

I rest my head on his shoulder as I feel my eyes getting heavy as he sings the lyrics softly before writing them down.

Maybe there's no destination
Maybe I'm gonna make mistakes
Let you in on one of my secrets
I'm still just as lost as yesterday
But it feels like home

                  >>>>>

Song: Where I Belong - Simple plan and State Champs
(At the top if you wanna check it out)