Chapter 16

Xalorad's POV

When I had gotten a glimpse of what was coming my way, I left the land of mortals and arrived in the land of demons—hell. Panic rose from within me and I breathed heavily. Fire shot up the sky and I found myself standing inside the castle.

"Oh, it's been three days, Mr. Xal. Father is going to be pissed." Johnathan said, rushing into the room where I was in.

"Where is he?" I asked, rushing out and finding him. I needed the truth and that truth was only going to come from the fiery dungeons under this castle where the worse of all were locked up.

"What's the hurry?"

I stopped on my steps and turned around. "Where is he, Johnathan? I won't ask this again." I repeated, almost scowling at the poor servant.

"All right, all right, he's in the throne room. Don't go in with this attitude or he might just force you to stay here forever."

Rather than listening to the blabbers of Johnathan, I spun around and went upstairs to the throne room where I'd find my Father, in other terms, the God of Hell. I went past the stoned idol that poured lava down it's mouth and that was when I knew the throne room was just a minute away.

An orange shade covered the skies of hell along with dark gray clouds and a strong mist that sickened those that were being punished down here.
I was a mere visitor.

I stepped inside the throne room and Father's demonic eyes grasped me even from afar. "You were supposed to be here yesterday." He said, complain in his tone.

"I was busy." I replied, moving past the beacon of fire that hung around in the middle of the throne room.

"Busy?" He raised his brow and I bowed down to him before anything else. "You were required to be here and all you were doing was attending assembly's in a school of mortals." He began, shaking his head in disappointment.

"It's my job."

"Your job is to be here, with me." He stated.

"And I intend on being here soon enough." There wasn't much I could give my Father since he complained all the time, whether I was here or not.

"Soon it is then. I'll be waiting for that time."

I cleared my throat and jumped into what I wanted. "I need to talk to Selene, it's an important matter."

"About what?" His questions were never-ending.

"Father—I request to speak with her immediately so if you can send one of your men to take me down to the dungeons then that would be easier for both of us." I said, not giving a lot. It wasn't like I was sure of anything in the first place.

What could I even say to my Father? Oh, I'm suspicious that I have been destined with a female wolf. He'd tear my head apart instantly, without any remorse and let me rot here with the other's for the rest of my life.

Father sighed and rolled his eyes, "Fine. Take Johnathan—" He looked back at the servant behind me and continued. "Johnathan, take Xalorad to the dungeons and keep a close eye."

"Yes, Master." Johnathan replied. "Come on."

I spun around and followed Johnathan downstairs to to where special prisoners were being held. Among those prisoners was Selene, the Queen of the moon who my Father had captured five years ago and kept her here. It was all a part of his gruesome plan, the one where she wouldn't be able to write destines of werewolves.