Chapter 76

C

hapter 76

Xalorad's POV

I spoke to my Mother shortly after seeing Marissa. She was still furious, as she should be but I needed her to take care of other things.

"Are you going back to your Father?" She asked, turning away from my mistake. I could tell she wanted to curse out loud to me but she was holding back her anger.

"I'm going to Hell, not to my Father. I rule that place. I've to be there, keep everything on check." I replied before pressing my lips together. "I'll be back in a few days, by the weekend but I need you to handle everything down here, especially the tournament. There may be a little blood here and there but no one should get harmed." I explained to her.

She snarled at me, "You don't have to teach me what to do, son. I was the Alpha of this pack for more years than you could ever be." She was still angry.

I smiled and nodded, "Yes, you were."

"Is there anything else?" She rose a curious brow at me.

"No."

"What are you going to do about your child? You haven't come to a decision yet? It has been days already, Xalorad." Her words tightened along with her face.

"I'm getting to it. Just need a few days."

Her eyes turned cold. We were inside the hall of the school. The students had cleared out. They were heading to the zone and Marissa was long gone as well. Her scent had left me once she walked away.

"Coward." My Mother mumbled before taking the exit door and leaving the school.

My face warmed and I sighed while shaking my head. This was definitely going to go on for long. I had accepted my mistake and had some thinking to do over the past few days. The decision I made was overruled when I began questioning the night I returned from hell after seeing Selene.

It was a blur.

After leaving school, I drove straight to Creekview Hotel, where Casey was staying. She was forbade to leave her room after I gave in the orders. No one knew she was around. No one yet.

A rush followed me as I entered the elevator to go to her room, to bring an end to all of this. I had no feelings for Casey, the ones I had died years ago but the ones I had for Marissa were going to live forever. She was my mate, the hidden beat to my heart, my destiny, my everything and loosing her wasn't possible.

I unlocked the door to Casey's room and found her on the bed, reading a book. As soon as she saw me, a muscle in her jaw clenched and she threw the book on the bed.

"I'm tired of being here. This wasn't the deal. I need to go outside, with you. We have to do so many things together. I cannot rot in this bed for the rest of my pregnancy!" She shouted, hurting my ears.

I left the door open and stepped in the dark, gloomy room. A storm raged inside me but I kept myself calm. "I know. You are going to be free soon."

"When?" She crawled to the edge of the bed, nearing to me. "Will we be going to public?" She asked, fluttering her lashes.

When I felt the ground underneath me shake, I knew she was here. I turned around to the door, finding my wonderful cousin standing outside with a wide grin over her face.

"Good afternoon, bitches." She stepped in.

"Who is she?" Casey questioned, suddenly backing away in fear.