Chapter 92

Chapter 92

Xalorad's POV

The knife spilled through his heart before he died on the grounds of my dungeon. "See you in hell," I said, throwing the blade beside him and walking it as his blood pooled out.

There were four more passengers that had been killed. While the portals were closed and most of them had returned to hell, there were a few pesky ones that weren't bothered. Hunting and killing those sinners was my job—since the beginning of time. There were only a few more left that I needed to get my hands on and that was all. The world was going to be free of any murderous passengers and the balance would return, after decades.

I slipped the keys of the dungeon to Matthew as I went up into the warehouse. "Bury the bodies, clean the blood, and lock it up," I ordered.

"Lock it up?" He rose a brow. "That's the first time I've heard it."

"There is another portal opening at the manor so the dungeon will be closed until next time someone needs to be killed." I explained while leaning by the table.

Matthew approached the table and picked up the files inside the drawers. "You are getting me out of business?" He asked, handing me the files. He had been working with me inside than eight years, ensuring the names of the woman that came here and their ages.

There were a thousand names inside the files, some I had managed to please and some that had never gotten their chance. It had been a while since any woman came down here, except for Marissa.

"I'm done being the dungeon master," I whispered while reading the names and slowly turning the pages. My eagerness was settled upon the only one name and I wanted to find it. "Don't worry, you won't be out of your job. There is still a lot of blood to clean."

"And that's not in my job description, Alpha." He reminded me, for the hundredth time. He despised blood and most of the time, I had to clean it myself but Matthew was the only one who knew what went down in the dungeons after the women were pleased.

"Well, add it."

I skipped to the last page of the folder and finally, my gaze ended upon Marissa's name. She was here, months ago and just after a night, my entire life was changed and now, it was only dedicated to hers. My brain was emptied of everything except her.

"Ah, that woman, she trapped you." Matthew shook his head while packing up his things. "If it weren't for that one night then—"

I rose my head, "Then I would've never found the love of my life." I slammed the folder shut and tucked it back in the drawers. She was my joy, my discipline, my devouring obsession, my forbidden love, and finally, the mother of our unborn child. When I first met her, I thought she was just a diamond but now, she was the whole chest.

My treasure to keep.

I left right away, leaving for hell. The emotions I felt seized me, forced me to return and get our destines written together. No matter what it took, Marissa and I had to be together, forever. There was no other woman for me. And I was going to drag any man to hell who'd even dare to set his eyes upon her.

She was only mine.

Just mine.

When I returned to hell, I wanted to go to the Moon Goddess to settle upon something but I was stopped and forced back into the castle by my father and Artemis.

I released every inch of angry breath for her and tossed my head to Father. "What is happening now? I want to talk to Selene."

They both stood a distance away from me while having a questioning look in their eyes. Artemis knocked her elbow into my father and he said, "She was—"

"Still is." Artemis cut him off.

"She is in love with me so that's why she is doing all this." His voice was like a tape-recorder, played too many times.

"What? Who?" My head swayed at both of them till I figured it out myself. "Why?" A growl unleashed itself out of me. "Why?"

"Because I slept with her once. Tragic but she fell in love and since then, she's trying to make everyone living here miserable." He nodded while terror appeared in his eyes.

I blinked my eyes shut and grunted hard before turning away from both of them. My hands folded into fists, claws dug into my palm. I forced myself to imagine all the good things before my wolf came spilling out, before I froze hell, before I destroyed everything my Father built.

Marissa.

Our baby.

Mother.

"Xalorad," Artemis's voice rang in my ears along with other voices of bells ringing. My head buzzed with fury while my heart felt sick. "Your father made a mistake and this was a long time ago. Selene only loves him and that's why she did all of this—it's a part of her revenge."

"This isn't even my fault!" I exclaimed, stealing a glance at her. She was the only one I was able to bear to talk with. All along, I was cleaning my father's mistakes while being blamed for bringing chaos into the two worlds by the other gods. I spent years if not decades hunting down the passengers his lover let loose, I spent my life in complete discretion and quietness and took his every blame.

She rose her hands. "Calm down," she whispered. "We spoke with her and she told us what she wants in return to leave us alone for good. Your father isn't a bad person. He only wanted the best for you. What he did years ago was a mistake, a horrible mistake." Artemis turned to him and asked, "Right?"

My Father came forward, "Yes. It was a mistake. And I never thought that mistake would impact on your life."

Every muscle in my body tightened. "What does she wants now?"

"We spoke with her—Hades did. Selene has always been jealous of your mother and she only wants one thing." Artemis spoke.

"What is it?" I was willing to give anything to keep her away from my family and to reverse what she had done to Marissa already. Even when things could work without being mated, it was her wish to be and it was my responsibility to fulfill all her wishes. The blood and the pain from yesterday bought tremendous misery to her. I hadn't seen her that wrecked since I met her.

The bond surely meant something for her.

"She wants what your mother gave you." Regret caused over her face. She took a glance over to my father before turning back at me. "You were the first werewolf that wasn't obliged to bow down to Selene nor you ever claimed her as your Goddess so she wants your wolf and in return, she will bond Marissa with you once more," Artemis explained.

I relaxed and breathed heavily while taking her words into consideration. Selene only wanted my wolf and giving it to her would take away my powers of shifting, my powers of ruling a pack, and my powers of being a hybrid that were gifted to me when I was born.

"I have you to think about it." I whispered. My chest tightened and my wolf yowled in pain for even thinking. I had to sacrifice something and it couldn't be Marissa.

"Selene isn't escaping anytime soon so you can think." Artemis joked before letting out a burst of small laughter. "Sorry, my bad. Take your time. Talk over with Marissa." She lowered her sarcastic tone and continued.

It was either protecting my family or my wolf.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr