Chapter 60

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr

Chapter 60

The sun was gleaming on my skin, warming me. I tried avoiding the light but I couldn't, not for long. Completely irritated with the sun, I opened my eyes and sat up. It was the morning sun that had woken me up. I had been sleeping for more than ten hours straight.

My tangled hair fell over my bare chest as I yawned. That was a night I couldn't forget. I clearly remembered entering second round but after that, I was blacked out with alcohol and so was Xalorad.

Lowering my head, I found my hand against his chest while he was sleeping on a bed we landed on after the last round, something I couldn't well remember but I didn't remember arguing about being on the bed than the grounds of the dungeon.

We were still here. I was sore and I didn't know much about him as he was still asleep. Lifting my leg off the bed, it landed straight on one of the bottles we emptied last night and the glass hit the floor straight, waking Xalorad.

He let out a stiff groan at the light that blinded him. It came straight from one of the windows near the ceiling that met with the abandoned warehouse.

"How much did I drink?" I gasped at the bottles scattered on the floor. It wasn't easy for us wolves to get drunk but once we did, it was almost the end of time.

He snaked his hand around my naked waist as I pulled my both legs onto the ground. "Why are you leaving?"

"I want to take a shower. My hair—it's a mess." I replied, picking out the knots that were created in my hair. After last night, I really needed some kind of hair treatment.

"You look exquisite."

I laughed, freeing myself off him. "And you're still drunk." I picked up the sheet dangling from the bed and threw it back on him before my search for clothes began.

With the light of dawn, I could see everything inside the dungeon. It had it's own lights but I had no idea where the switches were. I managed to find my clothes at the end and when I found them, I wore them as quickly as I could before I was back on the bed, getting pounded for another century.

I knew me.

Xalorad knew me.

My stomach rumbled with hunger as I pulled out my phone from my bag to see if I got anything from Hannah. She was still depressed and ranting about Artemis and how badly she wanted to see her again. I couldn't let it happen but it was too hard. Hannah was my closest friend and this wasn't any boy I could get her over from.

This was Artemis.

"Aren't you going to change?" I asked Xalorad as I returned to the bed and found him still on the same spot but his eyes open and directed at me.

"No."

I looked at him curiously. "I have to go home."

"You should."

"But—aren't you going to leave as well?" I rose my brows, all confused to why he still wanted to stay inside the dungeon after a whole day had passed by. Didn't he have things to do? Like things Alpha's do?

"I'm going to hell straight."

My mouth dropped, "Oh, why?"

He sighed and got up straight to take my hands and pull me to the bed. "I have to take care of things there since I have marked my mate."