Chapter 91

Chapter 91

I ran out of the cafe quicker than anything else. Xalorad deserved to know the reasoning as to why the Moon Goddess was troubling him. He also had to know about his Father's doing and his hand in all this. It was a massive secret that I could never hold inside myself.

Artemis chased me and threw herself over me. I fell upon the ground and the side of my cheek got wet from the rain water without impacting my head. "Get off me!" I screamed in public.

"No, you can't tell him. I just told you not to." She argued, holding me over the ground while Hannah looked at both of us.

"I don't care," I threw her back and wrestled with her large arms. "He has to about his father so let me go." I spat out while trying to get off the ground but she simply didn't let me. "Let me go, Artemis!"

"No, no, you are not telling him anything. This is a secret and I only shared with you because you were concerned—"

"Xalorad's concerned too." I interrupted while shifting my eyes left to right to find someone to ask for help. Just outside the cafe, there were two men smoking cigars and they both seemed to be unconcerned about the two girls fighting on the ground.

"It's not your place to tell him, nor mine. Hades will tell him when it's the right time." Artemis said, her piercing gaze burned through me as she spoke with frustration. Her hold upon me grew stronger and she slammed me back to the ground when I managed to almost get up and shoot for hell. "If you tell him, he will hate his father more and he knows secrets about Hades—secrets that could banish him. And by now, we both know how rational Xal is. Do you want to bring an end to this or do you want to further this?"

I straightened my arms and took a deep breath before meeting with her eyes. "Fine. I won't tell him, as long as you help us handling the Moon Goddess. I want my mate and my mark back."

"Get out." She scoffed, rolling her eyes and taking it as a joke.

I lined my lips together, stared at her for a bit longer till she took in my words. "Might as well tell Xaloard that you—you have been hiding this secret for decades." My skin prickled with adrenaline as I spoke to her.

"Fine, fine, I'll try talking to Selene and Hades."

"Good." I smiled as I rolled off the ground with my clothes soaking wet.

A couple of hours later, I stood by the Elias Manor as I expected to see Xalorad. He wanted to return for a bit, handle a few pack matters, and then go back to hell. I wasn't here, standing in front of the driveway of the manor, to spill the secret Artemis had shared with me but instead, another secret, one that I had been keeping since yesterday.

Secrets were what broke apart his parents and I had no intentions of repeating the history ever again. I could live without a mark but I couldn't live without Xalorad. For most of our relationship, I lied to him, about so many things and he eventually found about it.

I didn't want to lie anymore.

The car entered the driveway. The afternoon sun was starting to set, inch by inch. Thick clouds swirled across the orange sky. While the streets were still wet, the rain finally managed to stop after several hours. I spent some alone time with Ms. Cathy after ditching Artemis and Hannah as they began getting too cuddly with each other.

I didn't want to be alone, all by myself or my own thoughts were going to haunt me. The events occurring day by day were traumatizing and they were taking more effect on me, especially since there was nothing else to do all day.

Mom left for work when she began getting emergencies and Dad was interrupted by his pack wolves so he had to deal with it before returning here—which he soon wanted to.

Xalorad stepped out of the car and came to me without a second thought. We kissed hard and long enough to kill any urges we were starting to have of being unmated wolves.

"I missed you," I said, holding his shoulders and running my fingers through his bulging muscles hidden underneath the black shirt he wore. "And I know, it's just been a few hours but I literally cannot kill time without you."

"Don't worry, we are getting closer to a solution. It won't be for long." He placed his hand on my lower back and took me inside the house. "How was your chit-chat with my mother?" He asked, changing the topic that worried me.

"Great!" I exclaimed, being excited.

Ms. Cathy was an amazing woman and after getting to know her more, I realized she was really smart, strong, and beautiful. She was aware of her mate's wrongdoings. Hades' constant cheating and ego was the dealbreaker of their marriage. They were now separated for more than a year and a half. Just like Artemis, she requested to keep the secret away from Xalorad's ears.

"So, I wanted to tell you something real quick." I stopped him in the middle of the hallway before we went for dinner with his mother. Without any hesitation, I continued, "I saw Barry yesterday before I slept and I know have told you immediately—but I'm telling you now. I only spoke with him."

His expression didn't change. "Who took you there?"

"Johnathan."

"Now, you have to keep distance from that wicked demon. And, it's okay, I would never stop you but do go with someone else apart from him next time." He showed hatred for the demon and love for me. Guess someone wasn't as rational as we all thought him to be.

"Really? I can go kill Barry anytime I want to?" I squinted my eyes while true intentions revealed themselves out of me.

"You can kill him anytime." He laughed, wrapping his hands around mine before bringing them up to his lips and kissing them. "Just be careful. Seeing him over and over again might affect your mental health and I wouldn't want anything happening to you." His eyes flooded with more affection.

I smiled back. "Of course! I don't even want to see him anyway." I gave my shoulders a shrug.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr