Chapter 86

Chapter 86

I had the pleasure to hear a small talk between Xalorad and his Father before they left Hell. As per his saying, they were heading to the land where the other Gods lived in order to have a cautious yet casual meeting with them regarding the outburst. I was left behind on the inferno grounds with Alexander to keep a close eye upon me and to guard me from anything wrong in this world.

He led me to Xalorad's room and once in, I closed the door and he wandered away. It was safer to be down here than to be back at Mom's house where passengers were still lingering around, readying themselves to murder me.

Maybe it was the hormones but I never felt more alert than today. I simply wanted to stay by myself until Xalorad would return and overall, it was the safest thing to do.

While rubbing my belly, I closed my eyes and decided upon resting for a while but a knock appeared on the door. Following the knock, a man walked inside. It was the same man I had dealt with earlier. He sounded very promising when he told that Hades would be killing me as soon as I stepped inside his wing.

He didn't.

"I thought there was someone else in in-charge of taking care of me." I said, turning my head around on the bed.

"Yes. That would be someone else. I'm just here to—get closure." He reeked of confidence and something told me Xalorad didn't like him.

My tongue swirled in my mouth, "To exactly what?"

"To understand why he'd go against his Father's rules," the man continued while walking around slowly. He pulled his hands behind his back and narrowed his eyes to the ground of the room. "To why he'd make the same mistake as his Father did. At the end of the day, history will repeat again and while you'll walk out of here in peace, this place will be in embers and Xalorad will be heartbroken."

"I don't intend of leaving anytime soon." I rose up and shot him a vicious glare for even thinking that. I was aware of Xalorad's parents separating a few years back but just because they didn't work, didn't mean we wouldn't. I loved him and time didn't matter because eventually I'd find my way back to him.

He was my peace.

"Those were the same words of Ms. Cathy."

My head titled, "Don't you have some work or something to do, Johnathan?" I questioned while rolling my eyes. I had no reasoning to why he was bothering me while I trying to get some rest and ease of mind.

He stopped pacing around and stood tight, his shoulders straightened back and his demonic eyes upon me. "You're right, I do have some work. A few passengers were bought in last night—one of them being—" He clicked his fingers in the air and acted like he was in a deep-thought. "What was his name again? Barry!"

I grew curious. "Where is he now?"

"In one of the dungeons and I'm the only one that has the keys to it." Johnathan replied while pulling out the bunch of keys from his pocket and swinging them around me.

My body went stiff and my lips parted at the information. An anticipation rose inside me. It was wrong—definitely wrong but what harm was it going to do? "Is he awake?"

"Has been since a few hours. I'm timed to give him his punishment." His mouth curled into a sneer as he replied to my queries.

My thoughts darkened with pain and I got off the bed before stretching my hand out to get the keys from Johnathan. "Could I get them? I want to see him." I said while my fingers lightly trembled.

It was still rattling inside me—the rage and even after all I had done to Barry, I wasn't satisfied. Killing him in his sleep wasn't enough to settle on. He had done worse and after last night, I wanted to settle the score between us before moving on with my life and this was my only chance to. He was trapped, shackled under the grounds of hell and had nowhere to escape.

His eternity was written.

And I wanted to add a few more words to it.

"I'll take you myself," The man smiled before tucking the keys back into his pants. He strode to the door and I followed him outside. "There are many prisoners down there so it isn't safe for you to go alone." He said, giving me a warning.

Lost in my fire, I didn't think about Xalorad or what he would feel once he'd learn I had taken this step while he was gone. That was all if any of us would tell him. I didn't plan onto and it clearly seemed like Johnathan wasn't going to either.

I had nothing else to lose.

I went ahead and followed him. My heart pumped harder and harder. Warmth poured from all four directions of hell. Everything was bright and lightened up until we went downstairs where everything was dark and gloomy.

Johnathan took me on the same passage that Xalorad took me once to meet with the Moon Goddess when she was a prisoner down here. I jogged through the memories of that evening and smiled at myself. It was a great moment I could never forget.

While walking in the complete darkness, something clicked in my head. This all was happening because I mated with Xalorad—who wasn't a God until the mating was completed. But Hannah marked Artemis—who was a Goddess and there was no imbalance between the two worlds when they mated, which was almost at the same time we did.

It only meant one thing.

The imbalance was created from someone who was already in hell.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr