Epilogue

Epilogue

"Weddings are so emotional, aren't they?" The Moon Goddess asked. She sat above a rock, the only one that could resemble her true place at the surface of the moon, where she was supposed to be but the circumstances changed. Long ago. "Hope you aren't getting wedding chills already." She continued, laces of taunts in her voice even when she tried her best to hide it. Everyone had learned the vicious woman behind her cheeky face.

"Oh, I'm not getting any chills anytime soon. I'm just here to give you an update since you must be so eager to know when the wedding is." I replied, sitting behind the fiery rods that reached the ceilings of hell. They kept me safe from the Moon Goddess and her from leaving anytime soon.

"Let me guess? That would be never. I really had a special plan for you if you hadn't had me locked up in this dungeon." She mocked.

"I wrote my destiny myself," I rolled my eyes at her. "But, I'm getting married today—with Xalorad and Hades will be marrying us. If you'd like to send us a wedding gift, you know what we want."

Anger spiraled across her face and she hissed, "You'll never be blessed with the bond."

I nodded, "I understand. It doesn't matter really. We are still together, happier than ever and we are going to get married in just a few hours. So, while Xalorad reign's both hell and his pack, you are going to rot here." I stayed calm, not losing my control.

It was my wedding day.

Coming to visit hell and the Moon Goddess a few hours right before the ceremony was surely deathly but I had been avoiding it for so long. I wanted to step into a new chapter with Xalorad with satisfaction and relief. Words weren't enough. I needed to assure myself by seeing the woman trapped in the dungeons of hell where there was no escape.

And there wasn't.

Her eyes lowered to my belly that had grown out in the last two months. It was visible, like a small bump poking out of my flesh and I was glad to carry it around with me.

I placed my hand over my shirt and rubbed it. "You wouldn't be able to ruin our lives anymore—at least not my child's," I whispered.

The Moon Goddess wasn't aware of my pregnancy up until she was in the dungeons, with her powers taken. She wasn't able to write the fate of my child—or destroy it and that was all that mattered.

"The second I get a wisp of my powers, I'll ruin that child with my bare hands." She threatened, grasping onto the rods.

My heartbeat sped up. That was all I wanted to know. Her face gave everything out, the answers to my thousand worries and questions. The concerns quenched themselves down after I saw the expression on her face. Defeat.