Chapter 54

I didn't have much time in my hands to explain everything throughly to my Mom so I told her a few details, giving her something to ease her mind.

"You killed Barry?" She cocked her brow in disbelief while clutching onto the cup of coffee with her life.

I nodded, "Yes and I don't regret a bit of it. Mom, he had it coming. He was a horrible man and he deserved what he got. The good thing is, you don't have to worry about him anymore. Those painful days are over and you're free, Mom, to do anything as you wish." I climbed onto the seat beside her and came closer before dropping my head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry it had to take so long." A whimper spilled from my lips as I thought about all those times I could've killed Mr. Barry.

I could've ended his abuse months, maybe years ago if I stepped up and killed him earlier. The worst thing that could've happened to me then that I would be sentenced for a few years and that's all.

Mom shook her head, "No," She sniffed, "It's not your fault. I should've been the one doing this, I should've protected you from him." Her fingers ran through my hair before she held my face while I shut my eyes tight.

"It doesn't matters. He's gone, forever." I assured her.

We had a little time together and I told her almost everything about what happened with me in the past couple of days. To say the least, Mom was shocked. She caught on the idea I was the Alpha's mate and that he had marked me but I left out the details that Artemis also marked me.

"I confirmed from Mr. Jarvis that your friend is at her house." Xalorad said, stepping inside.

"Hannah?" Mom looked at me. "Oh, she was torn at the funeral. She didn't even know that you died until after the first round of the tournament ended."

I was surprised about Hannah bawling her eyes out after finding me dead. She was my best friend and we had a bond that no one else did. I wanted to ensure no harmed had reached her while I was gone. Artemis was a vile creature and that was the last person I ever wanted to see by my friend's side.

"Was she fine?" I asked, talking about the tournament. Knowing Hannah, if she completed the round and came out alive then she was probably shitting herself right now and with the news of me being shot by a police officer.

Mom nodded, "I suppose so. She came with another girl to the funeral and she helped Hannah through it. When she left, she was no longer crying and rather seemed relaxed. I believe she got to know you were probably returning."

My uncertainty and doubts swelled my mind and my throat once again, "Tall, pretty and mysterious with skin as young as a baby's?" I asked while jumping a little forward to make a run for Hannah if we were talking about the same girl, the same bitch.

"Yeah," Mom laughed, "She looked really pretty, no offense." She quickly said before raising her hand to me and giving me a smile.

Xalorad and I shared a glare before I firmly stood up on the ground and began pacing towards the door. Before leaving, I grabbed a raincoat and explained myself to my worried mother. "I'm going to be back in a bit but if that 'pretty' girl shows up here, don't let her in at all!" My panic furthered, I felt my head spinning and my visions turning into reality.

Harm had reached Hannah and that was Artemis herself. Why would she go after my friend? What was her obsession with us and saint people? She wasn't in our high school nor our town so there was no reason for this grudge.

"I knew it! I knew that pretty bitch was going to after Hannah. I swear to God, if she does anything, I will rip each of her hair out and leave her bald for the rest of her life!" I shouted, spilling out my guts while Xalorad listened to me at the driveway of my Mom's house.

He held the passenger door open for me and planted his strong hand onto my lower back. His touch tensed me in a different, good kind of way. "She won't do anything to your friend without a reasoning." He said.

I snorted, "Yeah, I am the reasoning." I slid inside the car while temper caressed my fogged brain.

When Xalorad began driving, I dialed Hannah's number and called her but she didn't pick up the call and that made me more pissed than ever. My teeth gritted against each other and anger bubbled inside me while I waited for Hannah's house to come in my view.

A dozen questions popped in my mind. Where did Hannah meet Artemis? What did they do? What did Artemis tell her? How many days have it been since they met up?

When Xalorad hit the brakes, I jumped out and ran inside the house since she was in there. Upon entering, I didn't see the cocky Mr. Jarvis or anyone else. I sped into Hannah's room and busted the door open to find the horror's lips sealed against my best friend's.

It suddenly felt like I was back in hell, being tormented.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr