Chapter 93

Chapter 93

Marissa's POV

Everything was hazy but it was a good kind of hazy. Nothing was set on flame, the fire wasn't crawling up to me, I wasn't in hell, grounds weren't hot and my heart surely wasn't thudding as hard as it did every time I slept. Sinking further down onto the mattress, I enjoyed the peace for a little while longer until a hand reached up to my face. My eyes slowly flew open to find Xalorad sitting on the bed beside me.

"You're back."

"I wasn't gone for long." He claimed.

I yelped up from my sleeping position. "But you were still gone. How did it go? Did you talk with her? I want to know everything." I asked, placing my hand over his lap.

He took my hand and replied, "Soon. Go change. We are heading out."

"To hell?" A frown landed over my lips.

"No, not hell." He laughed as he got off my bed. "Just around the forest."

I instantly got up on my feet and hurried to change my clothes without doing anything. As Xalorad waited down, I tied up the laces of my boots, managed my hair, painted my nails, and went out for the adventure that was waiting for me. Only a few things happened in the forest by the town—sex and love.

We rode in his car across the bustling town early in the morning. Everyone was resuming to their lives. Most of them didn't even know about the passengers coming by and killing their people and the some who did, still stayed inside, away from any incoming danger. There were a few deaths across the week—two teenagers and three adults that were killed by the passengers and there was no one any of us could blame for. The portals weren't the outcome of my union with Xalorad, instead, it was of the Moon Goddess who was stern on continuing the havoc as she did decades ago.

I absorbed the scenery as it passed by. The forest was large, overlooking the town. A mist surrounded the trees that were destroyed with the storm but nevertheless, it made them seem much beautiful. I slipped my hand out of the window and my hair trembled with the wind as we drove across the forest. The grounds that were blanketed with snow once were now naked and dirt brown.

We made it further inside the forest before Xalorad bought the car to an halt by the overflowing lake in the middle of nowhere. My skin covered with goosebumps when he began telling me the truth to why he brought me here.

To make a decision.

I calmly listened and tried not to overreact. He had to give up his wolf to the Moon Goddess in order to get her off our backs forever.

"That would take away your title, wouldn't it?" I asked, stepping hard over a branch to remove my frustration. Why couldn't it be something else? I didn't want him to make a big sacrifice like this.

"Yes, I wouldn't be an Alpha anymore but my Mother is willingly to manage my position until our child would be of age to become an Alpha." He replied while glancing at me.

"And the Moon Goddess is able to cooperate with that? If you aren't a hybrid, our child surely would be. What's the point of everything then?" I raised my brow in confusion. The sacrifice didn't make any sense to me. "She wants to bring an end to her mistake, right?"

"No. She only wants to see my parents in pain. Being a part of these two worlds was a victory for my mother. My wolf was a gift from her and Selene only wants to take that away since I had already taken over my father's throne." He explained, a vexation clear in his eyes.

I stopped walking and stood in front of him while wrapping my hands around his. "Isn't there any other way?" My voice was tight with doubt. The Moon Goddess could change her word anytime she wanted to and there was no one to stop her insanity. We were her children, obeying her every command and there wasn't much I could do to protect my child in the future.

"No," He shook his head. "I thought about it. I had spent a lot of time with my wolf and it's precious to me but you are more so sacrificing a part of me for you is sacrificing a part of me for us—" He planted his hand over my stomach and the other one by my face. "—for all of us and I'm willing to do it."

"But you love being an Alpha, don't you?"

He gave me a wistful smile, "I surely love giving orders and I suppose that part of me will be fairly pleased when I give orders to you."

Blood rushed up to my cheeks as I narrowed my eyes. "Hope I can keep up with them." It could get hard, especially with a child coming up.

"Oh, you won't get a choice on that." He placed his hand on my lower back and turned to my side before we resumed walking in the forest.

We walked for another long minute before we stopped by a clearing with a thousand lights if not hundreds. My lips parted and I sighed when I swept a glance across the large tent enveloped in greenery and strings of lights. Wooden flooring spread across the clearing for meters, covered in flowers, trunks and low-lit candles.

"I have thought about this for long—" I turned around and slapped my hands over my mouth when I found Xalorad getting down on his knee. "And I wanted to do this at a perfect time, when things are right but the only thing right in my life is you. While I can't be your mate, I can be your husband. I never thought I'd ever devote myself to anyone but now, all of me is dying too so I'm submitting myself to you, Marissa. Will you marry me?" He asked with tender love in his eyes.

Loss of words, I nodded my head a few times while trying to regain control of my voice. "Of course! Yes, yes, and yes." I pushed my hands out, forgetting which one the ring was supposed to go on but Xalorad resolved the problem by taking my left hand.

He moved the glimmering ring on my ring finger before I sunk onto the ground and hugged him. Breathing hard, my heart pounded and every nerve in my body trembled with joy. I never felt complete as I did now. There were no regrets.

I pulled back and said, "I love you."

"I love you too, Marissa." His fingers tangled in my hair as he lowered my head to his. "You're my eternity."

THE END  

Thank you for supporting me on this journey <3 

If you'd like to be updated when the Alpha's Dungeon will be published and available in paperback, you can join my newsletter: www.authormiakerr/newsletter/