Chapter 87

Chapter 87

"Knock, knock, someone is here to see you." Johnathan said while pressing his hand against the gritty walls of the dungeons under the ground. Behind every door, there was a room, some small, some large but it was a room where the prisoner was going to live for the rest of their life. It had no access to the outside world, or even hell.

I found it a suitable punishment for Barry to be trapped behind four walls. He deserved to live alone for all the things he had to me and Mom. He showed no regrets last night after being burned for weeks. He needed to be punished cruelly and I was all for it.

Johnathan teased him from the outside while fiddling around with the bunch of keys. "Your favorite daughter is here to see you." He continued before finding the right key and pushing it inside the lock.

As soon as the door opened, a gush of fire thrusted out of the room and escaped. I pushed my shoulders back and ducked down before any of it burned me. On the other hand, Johnathan showed no expression. He was fearless as if he had been living in this place since—forever.

"He's beaten down and restrained," He said, holding the door open for me. In front of me, I couldn't spot anything except for a never-ending darkness but I needed to go further inside to find Barry. "I'll be right outside if you need anything." He winked before pulling back the door and closing it.

The movement made a loud thud that echoed off the large walls. For a second, I considered going back, leaving the dungeons and staying in my room until Xalorad returned, but I couldn't. I wanted to see where Barry would be rotting for the rest of his life, I wanted to see him in pain—I wanted to bring the pain to him.

He couldn't be affected last night as he was merely a passenger but here, in hell, he could feel every ounce of pain I was going force him in to.

My heart skipped a beat when I stepped forward, and my eyes searched around, observing with curiosity. The room was much smaller than the other room in the dungeon—the one where the Moon Goddess was kept.

The temperature stooped low and the hair behind my neck rose. I released icy cold breaths while walking in deeper. The ground was warm but the air wasn't. Scents of death and blood filled up my lungs. My eyes landed on the fire that was lit by a wall and just beside it I found Barry.

He sat on the ground with no strength in his broken limbs. He had narrowed his head while his hands were shackled to the same wall that was scorching with fire. The curling flames warmed me up quickly and I couldn't even start to imagine the torture Barry was currently going through.

Beautiful.

"Are you here to boast?" He rose his head and let out a sickening laughter that barely made its way through his burned throat. What I saw last night was just a glimpse of what hell could do to one sinner.

Barry was in a miserable state than ever. He had been tortured, in numerous ways and it showed all over his scarred body—the bruises on his face, the blood dripping from his mouth and ragged breaths he tried to take.

I wanted to boast, I really did but I choose otherwise. I was nothing like him even when he raised me. His blood didn't run in my veins and he wasn't my father. That itself was enough for me to know I was a good person from within.

I came here with different intentions. I came here thinking I'd be making his life much more miserable than it already was. I finally had control over him and there were so many things I wanted to do but when I saw his face and his state, I did nothing.

"No, no," I crouched down on one knee and shook my head. I seized his gaze on mine and forced him to keep it on me as I spoke. "I'm not here to do anything. Although, I really wanted to burn you with my bare hands and watch you beg for mercy."

He lifted a brow, "Why don't you go head?"

"I changed my mind. I'm nothing like you, Barry and I'll never be. You have lost everything you ever had—just in a span of few weeks." I reminded him of his beautiful past where he was a Beta, where he had everything in his life, where he had women in his lap and fortune in his hands. "And other the hand, I got everything I ever wished for it, whether be it a man, a mate, an amazing father and even more a child."

His eyes turned dark with the information. A startling expression gripped his features as he blinked at me. "What?"

"Oh, yes, I'm having a child quite soon and maybe a wedding." I continued, keeping my tone soft and humble. "And, I've made peace with my past—it was just a path I had to cross to get all this goodness. I've closed your chapter forever. You'll never be able to lay a finger over me or Mom nor will I ever have to see you again."

His jaw locked with anger and he growled at me while tugging over the shackles as if it that was any helpful. I stood back up on my both feet and watched him suffer in his own bitterness.

I became everything he never wanted me to become.

"You cannot leave me like this!" He shouted.

"Yes, yes, I can," I gave him a nod before turning around. "And I will, Barry. Rot in hell."

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr