Chapter 85

Chapter 85

We were here, in hell together. It was a short journey, a less painful one compared to the last time. Hell was the same as I had seen it before. There weren't any changes. Prisoners were still burning and demons were still torturing them. The sky was painted in two dark shades of red and orange. The castle—the house to the important, high lords of hell—was quieter and seemed as if it had been cleared out but after a chat with Xalorad, I learned everyone had left the grounds under his commands to go search for passengers and kill them again which would set them back in hell forever.

The passages that were opened were now being guarded by trusted demons. No one could leave or enter without permission. Things were surely being handled.

"Where is he?" Xalorad asked one of the familiar faces.

I struggled with remembering the demon's name. Alexander. "He's taking a nap as per his saying. His wing has been closed since morning. He wouldn't allow anyone to enter." He replied.

Xalorad gave me a cold glare. "I told you."

"You're his son. Just go to him!" I exclaimed, giving him a little push. What was the worse thing that could happen if Xalorad just asked for some help? It wasn't like his Father had any control over him.

"No."

"Fine. I'll go." I snarled before taking a large step forward into the castle. He didn't stop me nor had any intentions too. I took another step while I looked back from the corner of my eyes.

"The guards there will dice her alive." I heard Alexander murmur.

"Let her go." Xalorad said, still not moving to get me.

I ignored both of them and went inside the vast darkness and East Wing where I assumed his Father would be in. The air was tight inside, barely breathable. The windows were shut tight and the warmth was unbearable yet I made my way through the long hallways that seemed to be leading to nowhere.

Alas, I found a man—another demon standing in the middle with a few other demons by his side. They were guarding a giant door.

"Hello." I waved my hand in the air. I was intent on finding his Father and having him help Xalorad bring an end. I didn't want any more trouble in my life.

I just wanted to be happy.

The demon standing in front of the other's loosened the grim expression over his face and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"What is your name?"

His brows furrowed, "Johnathan."

"Well, Johnathan, nice to meet you," I pushed my hand out but he didn't budge with shaking it. "I want to see Xalorad's Father and speak with him."

He growled, showing me his teeth while his face bubbled with flaming anger. "No." He stated. "It was his own son's order to stay out of this so he'll be staying out of this."

"I'm not his son so I suppose I can see him?"

"No."

"Please? I won't take long." I didn't move from my place until I got an answer and that somehow bothered the demon a lot.

He gulped a large breath and moved aside, opening the path to the door that would lead inside Hades room. "If he kills you, don't blame me or anyone else. It's all on you." He said, giving me a warning.

The other demons moved as well. I swallowed hard before walking past them and entering the room. My breathing came slow and deep. Warmth radiated off the fiery walls that were glazed with a growing fire. The fire—it surfaced on the walls from nowhere, there was no source.

Maybe I should have stayed out and away from all this.

I found the man by the window, watching the flames from the outside. He appeared to be enjoying the destruction of hell and my world.

He didn't notice me until the corner of a wooden table struck at my waist and I hissed at myself for being clumsy.

"I wasn't aware they were delivering my meals to my wing now." He said, turning around. His eyes ran through my body before falling over my face. "What do you want?" His voice changed quick when he realized who I was.

"I—Xalorad needs your help."

"Oh, really?" He scratched the back of his neck and continued, "The last time I remembered he wanted me to do nothing about this all and just stay low. I'd prefer if I stay low." His voice was calm, without any worries.

The man I was speaking to was large and he had a beard that reached to his neck. Everything about him screamed mythical and wealth. I could see why Ms. Cathy was attracted to him in the first place.

The man was the God of Hell.

"I know, but he wants your help now."

"I don't see him asking for it." Hades looked around, trying to find his son who had a little too much of an ego in the morning to come up here and speak to his Father.

"He won't but I'm going to."

"Why?" The ground shook as he took a step forward and away from the windows. "The all—is because of you two. Any innocent deaths will be upon you two as well who I had warned continually. Matches are not made in hell." He reminded me of a popular phrase.

"I'm aware," I nodded. "But that didn't stop you either from mating with a female Alpha." I looked up, meeting with his gaze that had just grown furious with my remarks. "Even after the separation, everything was worth it, wasn't it?"

"If you're smart, you'd leave right now." He looked past me and to the door behind.

"I'm having your grandchild." I blurted out. I no longer wanted to hold the truth back and the pregnancy surprise always worked in these things. The fury on his face disappeared and his eyes turned white for a moment. I continued, "And I want my child to grow up in a safe, positive environment, with Xalorad and his family."

He stayed in his stance for another minute before the revelation crushed him. "Fine. You have weakened me with your acknowledgement. Under any other circumstance, I wouldn't have agreed but it seems like Xalorad's not going to have a lot of time over the throne he delightfully claims. May his child be better than him."  He shook his head in sheer disappointment before walking past me and heading out. "And I pray he doesn't falls for a wolf even when I don't pray at all."

My heart made a little yelp in success of getting Hades to help Xalorad. I knew it would work. I just needed some time and a show of a few emotional words.

I followed him outside to the hot grounds of the castle where I last left Xalorad by himself. When I came out alive, he was surprised. "I thought I'd have to gather up your pieces from the other end of hell." His eyes hovered over his Father who spoke to another demon by the corner. "What did you do?" His voice was low as a whisper.

"Nothing." I shrugged while cheering from within. "Don't ruin it all and do as he says."

He rolled his eyes at me, "Pfft."

I growled at him, "Please? You have to make sacrifices."

"Fine, fine. I'm just joking." He leaned forward and placed a kiss over my forehead before going to his Father and talking to him.

Getting some closure to his world finally got me thinking if I wanted to be a part of him or not—if I wanted to marry him or not.

And I did.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr