Chapter 82

Chapter 82

Xalorad was silent for several minutes. I grew concerned after hearing the terms I never thought I would hear. The nurse bursted in through the door just in time and made the stillness much worse than it already was.

"Congratulations, Alpha, you're soon to be a Father." She said before turning her attention at me and congratulating me as well.

My parents looked disturbed, specifically Mom, "What?"

"Oh, was this a bad time?" The nurse asked.

"No, no, thank you." I sat up straight and waited for her to leave the room after dropping an explosive on our heads. The timing was worse but five seconds into repeating her statement, my heart thudded with incredible warmth and my lips curled into a smile.

"What is happening?" Mom inquired. "Are you pregnant? When did this happen? I thought you were going to wait until you graduated. This is too quick." A few seconds passed and she whined.

"Mom. I need a minute alone." I pleaded. There was a pressure in my head, wanting to clear out whatever had been mentioned earlier by my Dad. There was no way Xalorad was going to speak in front of them and in the middle of this chaos. He sat frozen. "Please?"

"Okay." She nodded before grabbing Dad's arm and taking him out of the room as well. Neither of them wanted to leave but they eventually did.

I swallowed hard and rolled over to the other side of the bed where I found Xalorad, still stuck in his quietness. We all had just cornered him.

"Why?" My back arched, straining. "Why would you want to marry me?" I was questioning my own self than him. I wasn't in a position to get married to someone, even if it was my own mate who I loved. My past was terrible mess and so was my present. I could barely hold myself together. And there were so many things wrong that needed to be corrected before all this.

He broke his silence and replied, "What is the wrong in it?" He came forward and continued. "I know I have done a couple things wrong but the decision was made before those things came into light. I have loved you long enough to know you're the woman I want to share my life with, to live with, to come home too. Seeing you as anything else, whether it be a mate or a girlfriend is just to ordinary."

I stared at him in complete astonishment.

"Of course nothing was supposed to be like this but I was expecting to ask you the day we returned from Shadowfalls."

"You asked my parents?" I asked with a grin. It was something I hadn't even thought of—let alone imagined. While the moment felt straight out of a fairytale, I still couldn't get myself to persuade what he wanted right away.

"I know how much they matter to you," He smiled. "I haven't changed my decision nor will ever. I want you, Marissa and there is a whole eternity left for me to wait for you." The color in his eyes took my breath away by surprise—for the second time in the past hour.

"You would wait for me?"

He nodded, "I know I have to."

A rational choice wasn't good. I possessed the same emotions as he did but I needed some time, to sort myself out and to look ahead at what we would become if we were together.

After giving it a thought, I pursued my lips and said, "I would want you to wait for me."

His expression didn't change at all as if he knew me to that extend, knowing what I would exactly ask him. "I will," He stood up and came beside me. I sank into his embrace as his arms wrapped around my body. "Although, I would prefer if you'd wait with me. I don't want to you away from me, especially right now." He hinted on the pregnancy and the incident that occurred last night.

I was marked by him—the God of hell, that itself drew attention from anyone wrongly entering our world. The safety of our unborn child was at the top of the priority list. I wouldn't want any harm to come to me as well and Xalorad's protection was unavoidable at this point.

"Of course." I nodded in agreement.

He narrowed his eyes at me and his hand moved across my face, tucking away any hair as his face shone with eternal love for me. "You're going to stay with me then," He smiled as if he had finally gotten something out of me. "And will come along if I were to go anywhere else."

"Not hell."

"It's not that bad." He argued.

"It's hell." I moved away as the thoughts of fire spread through my head. It was deadly. "I can't go back there!"

"Were you harmed?"

"No, but—"

"Even if this world was set on fire, I wouldn't allow a single flame to touch you, Marissa." He sounded promising.

I sighed, "Fine." I breathed out loud before asking, "Could we go home now? I want to take a goddamn shower already." I drew my nails across my chest and scratched my own skin out of irritation from the gowns the hospital provided.

Xalorad took away my hand gently and stopped me from harming myself. "Calm down. I'll take you."

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr