Chapter 79

Chapter 79

Marissa's POV

There was a distance between us. We walked against each other in circles. I pushed my arms out in protection, held my feet tight on the ground while Barry walked in front of me without a single worry in the world. He tormented me with his twisted laughs.

My stomach curled, bile reached up to my throat, I tried to maintain calm. This was just another hurdle I needed to get through. It wasn't hard. He just had to go back—to hell and stay there.

"Kind of disappointed how you'd kill your old man." He said, breaking his silence.

"You are not my Father."

Barry quieted down. It supposedly came to him as a shock. "Oh, so she finally told you the ugly truth. You know, Marissa, I knew you weren't my daughter since the first second I saw your filthy face." His finger spun in the air, directing at my flawed face. "But I still held in my doubts and even when your Mother told me the truth, I carried on, claimed you as my daughter, gave you a name, a title, everything and this is how you repay me, by killing me?" He pouted, stopping his steps.

My blood boiled. Anger spurred inside me and I fisted my hands together. "You gave me nothing! You fucked up my life and Mom's, you tortured us for years. You deserved to die." I spat out, breathing hard.

I couldn't let him play me. Not this time. He was trying to push a reaction out of me. I knew it.

"There were so many other things I could have done," He paused for a moment while his eyes raced through my body. "But I was a good man. I treated you well."

"Bullshit!" My fingers dug into my palms. Another word pouring out of his dirty mouth was going to blow up my mind. "I killed you once and I'll gladly do it again."

Barry snapped at me the second he got the chance too. In a quick move, he stopped right in front of me and snatched my hair back. "This time, I'll drag you to hell along with me." He gave me a mischievous grin.

A shiver rocked down my spine. I spat on his face and dug my nails into his arm. The second he was caught off surprise, I kicked him in his stomach, throwing him down to the ground. My chest burn, tears crippled down my cheeks and the raw cold forced my hands to shake violently.

He cursed himself before letting out a groan. I wanted to see blood but it never appeared again. I rose my leg and swung it over his chest. He coughed. I did it again and then again before he grabbed my leg.

A tiny, scared voice escaped my throat as my heart stooped low.

"There is no pain worse than the pain you'll get when you're in hell," He tugged over my leg, making me fall over my face. As I tried to crawl over the ground, he got over me and seized me underneath him. "But the thing is that—you might never go to hell since you fucked the man who rules hell."

"Get off me!" I threw my hands over him, trying to push his body away from mine but he secured me down to the ground.

"Isn't it much better if I simply just ruin your face—and you?" His fist met against my jaw and I screamed in immense pain. The impact was strong, it ripped the insides of my mouth.

I didn't give up this time. Barry was dead. He had no control over me. I couldn't allow him to do whatever he wanted, I couldn't allow him to tear me over and over again like a piece of paper.

Blood pounded in my head, in my ears. Before the next blow bruised anymore of my face, I leapt up and freed myself from his wrath. My hands balled into fists and they connected with his face.

I kicked him down to the ground, beat him to his flesh, slammed my hands into his ribs and my feet to his face till he tasted blood, till he tasted his own, sick medicine.

My skin pricked as predator inside me took control and took vengeance from the man who had ruined my life once more.

Every time I bought Barry to the ground, every time I wrecked his face with his own blood, every time I choked him, snatched his life, broke his bones—he came back, he always came back and grew more and more restless.

When there was no ounce of energy left inside me, he pushed my face against the tree and held me there. Splinters poked into my neck and the side of my face. I tasted blood in my mouth. The world ahead of me was still and blurry as I was deprived of air.

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of you in hell or wherever we both go to next." He whispered in my ears before pulling my head back and slamming it again on the tree until I lost conscious.

My limp body fell on the ground and more tears welled. I failed, again. When I looked up at the night sky, I found the stars shining and the moon calling for me.

The ring of fire above me roared and brightened up the night with it's own light but by the time it did, I was in my own darkness.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr