Chapter 66

I was in loss of words. I didn't know what to say. I never even prepared for this moment nor I thought it would ever come.

My Dad spoke. Oh. He spoke for long after we settled down. There were a few questions I had, not many, just a few and he answered them. He didn't ask me anything. Although from his eyes I could tell he wanted to know about me but in that moment, my throat was tied and I was in a terrible bubble of disbelief.

His eyes were sympathetic when I gave him the little details of my younger years with Barry and how Mom kept this all a secret from me until I figured it out on my own. The atmosphere of the room changed quick when I began spilling more details about Barry, the bad ones, the ones my real Dad would might not want to hear.

"Where is that man right now?" He interrupted me. I wasn't even done with the half of the story. We were still in my younger years, just a few months after Mom got separated from Barry.

There was still so much more.

So much more of my life.

I took a sharp breath and met my Dad's gaze that was filled with fury. Drawing myself together, I replied in a cold tone, "I—I killed him, shortly after I learned the truth." Shock washed over his features and before he said anything more, I continued, "It's okay. I'm not getting charged for murder and it wasn't really brutal. He was sleeping when I killed him."

It was something I was proud of and as day passed by, I couldn't help but applaud myself for taking this huge step, for giving Barry the death he deserved, for ending his life.

Xalorad was right when he mentioned that once you'd kill someone, you would want to do it again...and again. There weren't many people who did wrong with me but there were a few that crossed my mind when I thought about blood and murder.

My Dad nodded, simply nodded. "How did you get away with it?" He was curious and no longer surprised.

"I was gifted with protection from my Alpha." I replied, stating the truth. If it weren't for Xalorad, I would've been behind bars for murdering a Beta. "I hope you won't feel ashamed for what kind of daughter you have but killing Barry was the only option I had, it was the only I could've ever been happy. I would totally understand if you don't want to see me agai—"

"No, don't ever say that again," He cut me, loudly. "I—I'm proud of you. You took matters in your own hand and killed who hurt you." He gave me a smile, not the warm one father's would give their daughters. "Although, it brings me sorrow to learn what you've been dealing with all these years. If your mother had only knocked at my door once, things would've been quite different."

I narrowed my eyes at my fingers and found them turning against each other. "I can't blame her." I murmured. She wasn't at fault, no one was except for Barry.

"Neither can I." He agreed with me.

There was a moment of long silence before he switched the topics and stood up from his seat and stretched while reaching for the crystal glasses on the side shelf of the room.

"If I knew you were coming, I would've throw a feast." He laughed, bringing me a glass of wine. He knew I was old enough to drink. He had been keeping track of me ever since I was born.

I smiled a little and took his offer. "I didn't know myself. If it weren't for that bitch outside, I would've landed elsewhere." I replied, shaking my head.

"Missy?"

My smile disappeared and I cocked my head at my Dad. How did he know her fake name? "Uh—do you know her?"