𝟏.𝟎𝟓 𝘾𝙖𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙚𝘼𝙧 𝙢𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙬?

Season 1, episode 4

✦✧✦✧

"You crashed Sean's car?" Sophie laughed down the phone.

She had a killer headache and was on the phone to Hanna, listening to the girl tell her about her drunken plan of stealing her boyfriends car, and then crashing it and running away.

"Don't laugh it's a serious matter" Hanna whined.

"I'm sorry Han, but this is quite possibly one of the best things you have ever done"

"Shut up" Hanna sighed, "Anyway are you meeting us at the park in an hour to plan Ali's memorial?"

"I'll be there, just let me get some caffeine in me first"

"Okay, I think I'm going to get a ride off Spence, we'll meet you there?"

"Sure, I'll see you there"

After ending the phone call with her friend, Sophie hauled herself out of bed, grabbing some slippers and making her way downstairs.

As she stepped outside of her room, she grimaced at the sound of her younger brother playing video games in his room. The loud noises were way too much for her to deal with at 10am, especially with a hangover.

"Morning little sister, there's coffee in the pot for you" Daniel said from his seat at the island, "How's your head?"

"I've had worse, Nova still in bed?"

"I don't think she will be up until this afternoon" Daniel laughed, "Mom said she's going to the grocery store after work, so text her with anything that you want"

Sophie didn't exactly have the best relationship with either of her parents. Her mother was what Blakely described as a workaholic. She worked at a law firm with the Hastings and was very rarely home. She went to work before anyone in the house was up and came home after they had all gone to bed. It was usually up to Daniel or her stepfather Chris to make sure the kids were fed.

Her father on the other hand. Well, she hadn't seen him in nearly three years. He had left soon after Blakely was born and got remarried shortly after to a blonde woman only a few years older than Nova. She didn't know much about her father's new life, only that he and his new wife had a baby girl called Lily. None of the Langford children had ever met their younger sister, she was around 5 or 6 by now, and as far as Sophie was concerned, she had no clue she had four older siblings.

And then there was Chris, Joanne's new husband. They had got together about a year after their father had left and married shortly after that. At first, the three eldest Langford children found it hard to accept the new man in their life, but soon formed a relationship with him. Sophie often referred to him as her father and was much closer to him than she was to her mother and real father.