𝟏.𝟏𝟑 𝙈𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙡𝘼𝙩𝙚𝙧

Season 1, episode 11

✦✧✦✧

Sophie sat on one of the chairs in the hospital waiting room, head in her hands. The girls were sat next to her in a similar state. Hanna was loaded into an ambulance and rushed off to the closest hospital, the girls following closely in Emily's car. 

"Is she okay?" she heard Aria ask Hanna's mom. Her head shot up and was met with a smile from Mrs Marin. 

"She's going to be alright" she told them, taking in a shaky breath "she erm- she had a broken leg, broken ankle, bruised ribs and they might have to remove her spleen" 

Sophie felt relived at the most part. It was horrible what had happened, but she was glad her friend was okay. 

"What happened?" Ashley asked them. 

"She was walking across the parking lot and a car came out of nowhere" Aria answered. It wasn't a complete lie, but it wasn't the whole truth. 

"The police found the car but they said it was stolen" Ashley explained. 

"Did they catch the driver?" Sophie asked. 

"Not yet" 

"The police should be looking for Toby Cavanaugh" Spencer said, making Sophie sigh. 

"It wasn't Toby Cavanaugh" Ashley said, "the cops picked him up last night" 

"What?" Emily asked in shock. 

"One of the officers said they found him hiding outside of town, they were bringing him in when they got the call about Hanna" Ashely glanced at her watch, "you girls should go home, I'll give you a call when she's allowed visitors" 

"Will you please tell Hanna we were here?" Aria said, picking up her bag. 

"I will when she wakes up" Ashley continued to bid goodbye and walked back towards Hanna's room. Once she was out of earshot the girls exchanged looks. 

"Toby isn't A" Emily said looking directly at Spencer. 

"Well Hanna knows who A is" Spencer said, "that's why they tried to kill Hanna" 

"Think they were just trying to scare us?" Emily stammered. 

"Well it worked" Aria shrugged. 

"This was never about scaring us, this was just a bonus" Sophie said. 

"And this started with murder we were crazy to think it wouldn't end up like this" Spencer added, rolling her eyes. 

"Should we tell the cops?"

"Tell them what? Everything? We don't know who is doing this, what they want or what they would do if we told the cops" Sophie scoffed. 

"So, what do we do?" Emily said, furrowing her eyebrows.