𝟏.𝟎𝟖 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧

season 1, episode 7

✦✧✦✧

Sophie was sitting on the edge of Emily's bed beside Aria, Spencer was standing at the other side of the room. It was the morning after homecoming and it had turned out that Emily had tripped whilst attempting to run away from Toby, and the boy had dropped her off at a hospital. Sophie didn't know how much she believed the story as she still had her suspicions about Toby after last night, but she didn't dare to express these concerns to her friend – especially when she was hurt.

"It was all in the shrinks file" Aria explained, "Toby and Jenna had a relationship"

"Which Sophie knew about" Spencer shot out making Sophie roll her eyes. Spencer was still being blunt with the girl after she found out Sophie hadn't told any of them about Toby and Jenna.

"A relationship way beyond stepsiblings" Aria added, "like involved"

"Romantically?" Emily asked.

"I doubt I'd call it romantic, I doubt she had much of a choice" Spencer added, "And that's what Ali and Soph had against him"

Emily shot a questioning look towards Sophie who avoided her gaze and kept her eyes down on the bed covers, where she was picking at lose strings.

"Yeah, and they threatened to expose Toby, which is why he would have wanted Ali dead"

"But then if Toby killed Ali, why not go after Soph too?" Emily asked Spencer.

"Gee thanks Em" Sophie replied sarcastically.

"Well now he wants to finish his job, kill us, you" Aria said, "you don't believe us"

"I guess I don't just understand, if Toby wanted to kill me, why am I sitting on my bed and not in a body bag" Emily asked.

The girls looked at each other, none of them knowing just how to respond to the question. Sophie felt Spencer's gaze linger on her for a moment longer than the rest of the girls, and Sophie shot her a glare back, making her turn her attention back to Emily.

"So, what did you tell your parents? I doubt your mom was happy with you taking Toby to homecoming" Sophie said, changing the topic.

"I told them that I tripped and fell down the stairs"

"Why didn't you just tell them he attacked you?" Sophie asked.

"I don't know, I guess I wanted to speak to you guys first"

"Well, the truth is in the file" Spencer said, "you can tell them everything now"

"Not everything" Aria added "you need to leave out the file"

"Fine leave the file out" Spencer said as Hanna barged into the room, carrying an over-flowing bag of snacks.

"Sorry I'm late, I brought snacks" she said, dropping the bag onto Emily's bed and taking the file out of her handbag, "who knew Rosewood had so many cops. I went to the office to drop this back off, and they were swarming the place. They know this was stolen"