𝟏.𝟏𝟏 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙢

Season 1, episode 9

✦✧✦✧

"This is insane" Hanna exclaimed, "I mean how many words do they expect you to learn in one night?"

"I think they expect you to start studying earlier than the night before Han" Sophie laughed at her friend from her place on the couch.

The girls were at Spencer's yet again, studying for their upcoming SAT's the next day – well everyone apart from Emily.

"Stringent" aria said to Spencer, ignoring the other girls.

"Uh, tough. Inflexible"

"It's not like you're actually going to use them" Hanna muttered.

"We're not going to use half of the shit we learn at school Han" Sophie said, earning a disapproving look from Spencer.

"Meretricious"

"It's not like you go to college and start speaking a different language" Hanna continued.

"It's about getting into college" Spencer replied, "meretricious, phony, flashy"

Aria hummed in response before turning to look at Hanna, "Han why are you still eating that?" she said, referring to the cold pasta they had ordered a few hours prior.

"Because it's here"

"Put it in the rubbish" Sophie said.

"Then I'd have to stand over the garbage and eat it" Hanna shrugged.

"Besotted" Aria continued, reading the words off Spencer's flashcards.

"Urm, infatuated, enamored, in love with"

"Hey what did Noel say to you after the memorial?" Hanna said turning to Aria.

"Hello can we focus? We're taking our SAT's in less than twelve hours?"

"Exactly Spence, we should be sleeping" Sophie said, rolling her eyes, "besides you don't need to know anymore big words, you're scary enough"

"I'm not scary" Spencer complained, "am I scary?"

"A little" Aria nodded.

"Hey I saw Noel Kahn hug you and he did not want to let go"

"Talk about not wanting to let go" Aria shot back at Hanna.

"Why can't you give him a chance?" Hanna continued, "he's smart, cute ... his dad owns like half of Rhode Island. And he's got great lips"

"His father?"

"No ew"

"He does have decent lips" Sophie shrugged.

"You've kissed him?" Hanna exclaimed.