𝟑.𝟐𝟐 𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙞𝙧𝙘𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣?

season 3, episode 22

✦✧✦✧

The four friends stood in a corner of the school's courtyard the next morning, their eyes scanning the school's crowd for any sight of their missing friend.

"I was hoping she'd be here but she isn't" Emily said, slightly panicked.

"Do you think Spencer just didn't get your S.O.S?" Aria asked.

"Maybe but she must've got one of the other twelve messages we sent" Emily responded.

"Okay, guys she's skipped school before" Hanna quipped, "all right? It's not a big deal"

"Yeah, you're right I guess" Aria sighed in defeat.

"Okay, we just need to get through today" Emily told them, "If she doesn't call or show up, we'll go to her house after school"

The bell rang and students immediately started to head towards the school corridors. Truthfully, this was the last place Sophie wanted to be right now. She hadn't gotten so much as a wink of sleep the previous night, too consumed with anxiety over their missing friend.

Just as the girls were about to step into the school's corridor, Principal Hackett managed to catch them, stepping in front of the girls before they could move past him.

"Girls, good, you're all together" Principal Hackett smiled at them, "I think you know Spencer's sister, Melissa"

Melissa stepped out from behind him, her face filled with worry as her eyes darted around all four girls.

"Have you seen Spencer?" Melissa instantly asked, "talked to her?"

"Not today" Emily answered with a frown.

"Is something wrong?" Aria asked.

It was no secret that Melissa was rarely ever worried when it came to Spencer – or the girls for that matter – so seeing her so concerned for her sister was simply just uncharacteristic.

"Spencer didn't come home last night" Melissa told them, "she's not answering her phone, I was hoping she was here with you, which is why I came here before I went to the police"

"Police?" Hanna asked in surprise.

"I understand Spencer's been a little distracted lately" Principal Hackett said slowly, "was there something on her mind that she shared with you? Anything about her plans?"

"No, Mr Hackett, um.." Emily said firmly, "she hasn't said anything to us"

"You're her friends" Melissa countered, "she must have said something"

"You can call the police from my office" Principal Hacket told her.

"Thank you" Melissa smiled, immediately turning in the direction of his office.

"Let me know if you hear from Spencer"

✦✧✦✧

The end of the day came around painfully slow for Sophie. She hadn't been able to concentrate all day, the only thing that was on her mind was Spencer.

She also had this overwhelming sense of deja vu, and she hated it. She hated the fact that she couldn't shake the familiar feeling she had right now – the same feeling she had the night Alison went missing.

The four girls slowly filtered out of the school, coming to a stop outside of the ivory, stone steps.

"Melissa must have the police looking for Spencer by now" Emily said.