𝟑.𝟎𝟑 𝙆𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙙𝙤𝙢 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙙

season 3, episode 3

✦✧✦✧

Sophie cautiously eyed Jenna Marshall as the 'blind' girl sat cross-legged in the school courtyard, fingers tracing the braille worksheets in front of her. 

"God" Hanna scoffed, "what a performance"

"Imagine faking it for so long" Emily huffed. 

"When do you think it's acceptable to be a bitch to her?" Sophie wondered. 

"You've always been a bitch" Spencer retorted, giving Sophie a pointed look, "to her, I mean" she clarified. 

"What do you think she's planning?" Aria asked. 

"That's what you have to find out" Spencer sighed, "she trusts you. Or at least she wants you to think she does"

"Great!" Aria muttered sarcastically, "that...that's awesome" 

The smaller brunette had somehow been dragged into playing piano alongside Jenna's flute. Of course, Aria had originally said no but with the group's recent discovery, the girls quickly persuaded her to go ahead with the plan. 

"I'll trade you Mona for Jenna" Hanna offered. 

"No thanks" 

"I think I felt safer when Mona wasn't talking" Emily muttered. 

"There she goes" Spencer commented as Jenna stood up and started to walk off, using her cane as per usual. It made the whole thing much more pathetic in Sophie's opinion. 

"We should push a table in front of her and see what happens" Hanna suggested as they watched Jenna disappear from their sight. 

"I agree" Sophie nodded. 

"God, Hanna you have all the subtlety of a hand grenade" Spencer said with an amused smile as the girls turned to walk inside. 

"Thank you" Hanna beamed causing the girls to shared an amused look, which only lead to Hanna becoming increasingly confused. 

"Has your mom said anything to you about taking Garrett's case?" Emily asked as the girls started to walk down the school corridors. 

"Not yet" Spencer sighed, "But, Melissa's coming home tomorrow so she'll probably tell both of us as the same time. Cos that's how it works in my family – we keep the one on ones to a minimum"

"You're not helping yourself Mr Gottesman" Principal Hackett shouted, catching the girls' attention. The girls' heads all snapped up in the direction of the commotion to see the principal following after Lucas. "This all goes on your permanent record" 

Lucas dryly mocked the teacher, waving his report card up in the air before turning back around. The snarky attitude was swiped off his face when he was face-to-face with the girls. He paused for a second, before quickly making his way towards the school doors.