𝟑.𝟏𝟒 𝙎𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙬

season 3, episode 14

✦✧✦✧

From Hanna

It's official, Mona's back

Hanna's text came early Monday morning, and it definitely wasn't the good morning message she was expecting. Falling back onto the bed, head landing against the soft pillow, Sophie let out an irritated sigh. 

"Everything alright?" Jason asked, walking into the room with two cups of coffee in his hands. 

"Mona is returning to school" Sophie muttered, sitting up and taking a mug our of Jason's hands, "

"Well," Jason started, pulling a small, black box out of the pockets of his joggers before holding it out towards the blonde, "maybe this will make you feel better"

"What is this?" Sophie asked, raising an eyebrow in his direction as she sat the cup of coffee on the bedside table. 

"Your birthday present" Jason told her, "I meant to give it to you on your actual birthday but then all that happened..."

Sophie took the small box out of his hand, opening the lid as she stared down at the piece of jewelry laying inside. Dangling from the necklace's chain was a small, silver heart pendant. 

Engraved in neat, cursive writing was a message that had tears welling in Sophie's eyes. 

'For the strongest person I know – J.D' 

Sophie's mouth dropped open as she stared at the necklace. Her eyes flickered between the box and Jason as she struggled to speak. 

And Sophie Langford being speechless was a very rare thing. 

"I love it" Sophie whispered, "thank you"

The blonde leaned over, catching Jason's lips in a soft kiss. 

"I've got to get ready" Sophie told him as she broke away, "Spencer wants to meet at the Brew before school"

"You sure you'll be okay?" Jason asked. 

"I'm sure"

"It's my first day back mentoring the kids at school today, so if anything happens you come to me, okay?" Jason told her. 

"Okay" Sophie nodded. 

✦✧✦✧

"So, this is the new world order?" Aria sighed, "We're gonna have to face Mona in school every day?"

Sophie had quickly met up with Aria and Spencer in the Brew on their way to school and their conversation had naturally fallen onto the topic of Mona. Truthfully, Sophie didn't know how she felt about the whole situation. All she know was that there was a growing knot in her stomach with each passing second.