𝟐.𝟎𝟔 𝙉𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙜𝙤

Season 2, episode 6, part 1

✦✧✦✧

Sophie was sitting with the rest of the girls on Emily's bed, folding programs for the upcoming fashion show. The girls' ban of not seeing each other had finally been lifted, meaning no more secret meetings in the school bathroom or Spencer's old greenhouse.

"Why would A show us that part of the video?" Aria asked.

"To keep us distracted for when the next attack is launched" Hanna responded.

"Or to tell us that there's more to what happened that night" Emily suggested.

"Guys, Ian tried to kill me in the bell tower to get back his perverted videos" Spencer said, "he did the same to Ali"

Honestly, Sophie wanted to forget about the whole thing. The topic of Ali's murder was consuming her mind – it was all she could think about, and she hated it. She wanted to remember her best friend as the funny, dumb blonde that always made her laugh, she didn't want to think of her being murdered.

"Yeah, but A had us convinced that Ian killed Alison, and now it's, what? Two miles from the kissing rock to Ali's house" Emily said, pausing her folding to speak, "did she turn off the camera and walk home in the dark, alone?"

"Yeah, someone could have been waiting for her at home" Hanna added.

"Like who?"

"Like Ian?" Spencer said.

"Spencer's right" Sophie sighed, "just because Ian didn't kill her at the kissing rock doesn't mean that he didn't do it an hour later"

"If Ian didn't kill Ali, did A?" Hanna said.

A heavy silence followed Hanna's statement. None of the girls knew what to say, they hadn't thought of the possibility that A was responsible for Ali's murder. They had been too set on proving it was Ian.

"So, did you invite Ezra to the show?" Hanna asked, turning to Aria and changing the topic – something which Sophie was grateful for.

"No, he's out of town presenting a paper to a conference" Aria said, sounding a little disappointed, "did you invite Caleb?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Because you kissed him" Sophie reminded her.

"How was it?" Aria asked.

"Well, I wore the total wrong gloss" Hanna started, a giddy smile on her lips, "you know the kind that looks wet but is really sticky?"

"Ew" Sophie laughed, "and wads of hair get stuck in your mouth"

"It's all fun and sexy until someone hacks up a hairball" Aria added.

"Hey, could we please keep folding?" Spencer pleased, "I needed these done yesterday and I've already missed a million committee meetings"