𝟑.𝟎𝟒 𝘽𝙞𝙧𝙙𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝘼𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧

season 3, episode 4

✦✧✦✧

Rosewood had by now fallen into darkness. The once long days of summer were soon gone and autumn had quickly rolled in, covering the small town with a harsh breeze. Even the comfort of the Apple Rose Grille did nothing to ease the shiver that had settled down Sophie's spine – although the blonde wasn't sure whether it was the cool, autumn air or the looming feeling of anxiety that had caused it.

The five girls huddled around a table in the middle of the Grille, practically devouring the slice of chocolate cake in front of them. Sophie's laptop and textbooks were pushed to the side, her studying quickly forgotten the moment the other girls arrived at the Grille. Spencer had been the last one to show up with her family, joining the girls as her mother waited for their take-out order.

Sophie only wished that the Hasting's family would leave before Jason picked her up.

"Do we really believe that Jenna was off on a joyride that night?" Aria asked as Sophie and Hanna finished the remnants of the cake.

"Or" Spencer added on, "was it her plan to take Emily to Ali's grave all along?"

"Seemed to me like she was scared of someone" Emily replied, hands clutching the coffee mug in front of her.

"And it seemed like she was blind for five months when she wasn't" Aria retorted, shooting Emily a look.

"I hate to admit it" Sophie sighed, "but Jenna is one good liar"

"Okay" Hanna started, "for the purpose of my head not exploding, could we just say that she is telling the truth?"

"Well, that would mean that we could cross her off our new A list" Spencer told them, hands moving to clasp together behind her neck.

"Then who is still on it?"

"Lucas?" Emily was quick to answer Aria's question.

"No way" Hanna countered, "he might be a little unhinged lately, but he's not capable of digging up a grave"

"Guys" Spencer started, "all roads lead back to the black swan, we know she was working with Mona, the sketches were in her lair"

"Spencer" Melissa called out, interrupting the girls' conversation, "mom wants to know if you want anything else"

"Uh, no" Spencer smiled, "thank you"

"Melissa looks great" Hanna stated, eyes lingering on Melissa, "she's back to being size two skinny"

"Han" Sophie interrupted, knowing exactly where this conversation was going, "no"

"Think about it" Hanna ushered, "we know that she lied about when she lost her baby"