𝟭.𝟬6 𝙄𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝘼𝙩 𝙚𝘼𝙨𝙮 𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙨

season 1, episode 5 part 2

✦✧✦✧

The car ride was deadly silent. 

Sophie has agreed to go with Jason to 'their spot' in one of Rosewood's many parks. And boy was she now regretting her decision. 

The car slowly pulled to a stop as they reached the top of the hill, overlooking the rest of the town. The sight was beautiful, Sophie and Jason had spent many days and nights up there together, back when life was a little simpler. 

Now, still beautiful, the place held nothing but bad memories. 

Sophie was the first to jump out of the car, slamming the door shut and going to sit at the edge of the hill, leaving Jason in the car. 

She had tried so hard to avoid him for the past year, and now he was here. With her. All because of a drunken phone call.  The girl had done pretty good at avoiding him for the past year, despite seeing him at Ali's funeral, she hadn't spoke to the boy since that night.

June 2009

"I love you" Jason said. Sophie snapped her eyes up towards him, staring at his face trying to detect whether or not he was joking. Although it was dark and the only light around them was the small lights in the distance coming from the various buildings in Rosewood, Sophie could see his face was serious. 

"I- what?" 

"I love you" he said again, "I didn't stutter darling" 

"Jase you can't love me" 

"Why can't I?" 

"Maybe the fact you have a girlfriend. Or the fact that you're my best friend's brother, or I don't know the fact that this" she said pointing in between them, "is illegal" 

"Like you care about whether or not something is illegal" he laughed. 

"Jason I'm being serious" 

"And so am I. I love you Soph, and I don't give a flying fuck about who says I can't. Okay yes maybe us being together isn't the most convenient thing, but I don't want us to just be hook up buddies, I can't just keep denying the fact that I am in love with you" 

Sophie knew that his words were true, them being together was in no way acceptable and if someone were to find out about them, there would be trouble. However, no matter how hard she tried to deny it, she too couldn't hide the feelings under the surface.