𝟐.𝟐𝟏 𝘽𝙧𝙚𝘼𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙙𝙚

Season 2, episode 21

✦✧✦✧

The girls were gathered around Spencer's locker, listening to the brunette as she explained the plan. Sophie and Spencer were going to meet up with Jonah, under the guise that Sophie was Alison and Spencer was 'the money' as she explained it. 

Spencer was being discrete about how she had gotten her hands on the money, but it didn't take Sophie long to figure out where it had come from – or who. After much prodding and begging for Spencer to tell her the truth, the brunette had fessed up on how she got the money. The previous night, Jason had gone to see Spencer to apologize for his outburst, and although she was rather sparce on the details, she didn't fail to mention that Jason was in fact the one to give her the money. 

As much as Sophie hated the idea of Jason being involved in this mess in any way at all, there was nothing she could do right now. Spencer had already told him half the truth so the only thing Sophie could do now was follow her best friends lead. 

She just knew there would be a million and one questions from Jaason the next time she saw him. 

"We're giving him all of it?" Emily asked, "$2000 is a lot of money!"

"Emily, if he can finally tell me who A is, I would hand over a million" Spencer retorted. 

"Yeah, and not ask for change" Aria added. 

"How'd you even get the money so fast" Emily asked, quickly switching up her questions.

Spencer and Sophie shared a quick glance, one that didn't exactly go unnoticed by the other girls. 

"What?" Spencer spluttered, "Um...I have a relative" her answer was vague at best.

"Which one?" Emily pressed. 

"I promised I wouldn't say" Spencer said firmly, shooting Sophie yet another second glance. 

"What time did Jonah say to meet him?"

"He said to meet him at six" Sophie answered. 

Sophie was dreading meeting Jonah again, the first time was creepy enough. But she was constantly reminded about the fact that he might know who A is and that was more than enough of a reason to push her fears aside and go ahead with the plan. 

She just wished she didn't feel like she was stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

She was still lying to Jason, and it was even worse that she was lying to him about what they were doing with his money. 

"But not all of us can go today" Sophie continued slowly, "just me and Spencer today and we'll all meet up after" 

"Why just you two?" Hanna quizzed.