𝟏.𝟏𝟔 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙬𝙝𝘼𝙩 𝙪 𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙝 4

Season 1, episode 14

✦✧✦✧

"She doesn't even look scared" Sophie muttered as the girls watched the video for the eighth time that morning. 

"Did Alison ever look scared?" Hanna retorted. 

"Why are we watching this? Again?" Sophie said. 

"All that mumbling and groaning maybe she was gripping around because she was-"

"Trying to find a weapon to defend herself" Spencer cut Hanna off. 

"Why are you snapping at me?" Hanna defended, "I'm just trying to give your creepy brother an out"

"In law" Spencer said firmly, "my creepy brother-in-law"

"Okay well whatever he is, your sister married him, and he might be a killer" Sophie said. 

"This definitely proves that he was with Ali the night she died" Emily said. 

"Can we just watch this video one more time to figure out what they're saying?" Hanna said, reaching forwards for the laptop to rewind the video. 

"No, I can't watch that again" Emily said. 

"Yeah, Em's right" Sophie said, "let's just give it a rest"

"Is anyone else freezing?" Emily said as she flopped down on the sofa, Sophie sitting down next to her. 

"I will make some hot chocolate" Spencer offered. 

"Hot chocolate? What is this, camp? We can't be sitting around singing kumbaya, we need to hand in that video!" Hanna said. 

"What video?" a familiar voice said, entering the room. The girls' heads whipped around only for them to see Ian coming into the kitchen. 

"Eh, Hanna rented Tootsies, but she left it at home" Spencer lied. As Ian moved around the kitchen, the girls all prayed he wouldn't see the video on Spencer's laptop. 

"Well you're welcome to hang with us in the barn" Ian told them, "your sister picked some chick flick. Where do we keep the popcorn?"

"That cupboard" Spencer pointed, carefully moving the laptop. 

"Oh Emily" Ian said, "I've been meaning to ask you, are you ready to turn in your goggles for a field hockey stick? Yeah, we could use some speed on offence. Right Spence?"

"Thanks, but I'm still into swimming" Emily said awkwardly. 

"Eeeeh you wouldn't if you saw what they pulled out of the pool each week" Ian joked. He chuckled slightly but stopped when he saw that the girls didn't. 

They all shared an awkward look, none of them knowing what to say, "What's up? Did I walk into the middle of a chick flick?" he asked, "Okay I get it, no boys allowed"