𝟑.𝟎𝟓 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣

season 3, episode 5

✦✧✦✧

Sophie stuck her hands into the pockets of her jacket as the girls turned the corner onto Emily's street. Night was quickly approaching, turning the sky into hues of orange and pink and covering Rosewood in a cool breeze that had Sophie shivering under the soft fabric of her jacket.

"I thought Hanna was joining us for dinner" Emily mentioned as she shut her front door, making her way over to the girls.

"Hanna hasn't eaten since Tuesday" Spencer pointed out as the four took off down the street once more.

The missing blonde was currently in a pit of depression after her break up with Caleb and no matter what the others did to try and console the girl, nothing could cheer her up.

"Should we go over there and grab a pizza?" Emily suggested.

"Not unless the topping is Caleb" Sophie remarked, "and he's in Montecito so..."

"If you guys wanna see Hanna, could you go without me?" Aria asked, "I already feel bad enough that I convinced her to tell Caleb-"

"Okay, with or without you, she was backed into a corner" Emily reasoned, cutting Aria off.

"Yeah, this A does not feel like a high school girl playing games" Spencer retorted.

"You think?" Sophie scoffed, "this A stole our best friends freaking body. It's a whole new game, new rules"

"Okay, well if you figure out those rules can you tell the rest of us?" Aria quipped.

"Yu know what? I'm not really hungry anymore" Emily muttered.

"Me neither" Aria agreed, "my stomachs in a knot"

"So is my neck" Spencer muttered, shoulders tensing as she reached up to grab the back of her neck, "I haven't been able to brush the back of my hair in like a year and a half"

When Sophie was still with Jason last night, Wilden approached Spencer as she made her way home, making some comment about how far away Spencer's Lake house was or something. The comment had the brunette in a state of panic, and unfortunately for Sophie, it meant she didn't sleep at all.

"Spence, don't let Wilden freak you out" Aria assured, "Okay, if the police really knew we were lying about the lake house-"

"It's not just the lake house" Sophie interrupted, "we lied about everything, and Wilden knows"

"And what about the negatives of that picture?" Emily added on, "Ali's missing body? All the things we buried with her, any of that could get us arrested"

A sudden wailing sound of sirens flooded Sophie's ears and the street was soon covered in red and blue flashing lights. The girls froze on the spot, watching as a police car sped down the street, an ambulance following soon after.