𝟑.𝟎𝟔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝘼𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝘼

season 3, episode 6

✦✧✦✧

Sophie allowed her eyes to flutter closed as she felt Jason pepper light kisses across her neck. Her hands reached up to run through his sandy blonde hair, fingers gently tugging at the ends.

She felt a hand make its way to wrap tightly around her neck, squeezing to slightly restrict her breathing. However, instead of feeling the warmth of Jason's hands, she felt something colder. It didn't feel like a hand that was wrapping around her throat, it almost felt like leather? 

Her eyes fluttered open, and instead of being met with the sight of her boyfriend, Sophie's eyes focused on a black figure, dressed in that unforgettable black hoodie. Expecting to see Mona's face, Sophie could only see a black shadow where A's face would be. 

"You did this to me" Sophie heard a voice say in the corner of the room – one that she instantly recognized. 

Sophie struggled against the firm grip that A had on her neck to turn her head slightly to the sound. The blonde couldn't hold back the tears any longer as she set her eyes on her best friend. 

Alison Dilaurentis stood in the corner of Sophie's room, skin dusted with dirt and her blonde hair was matted and clumped together with blood. 

"Ali?" Sophie croaked out, "what - what are you doing here?"

"You did this!" Alison said again, her voice becoming much louder, "all of this is your fault, you deserve everything that's happening to you!"

Sophie shook her head, desperately trying to block Alison out of her head. She closed her eyes as she struggled to free herself from A's hold. Her efforts were unsuccessful however, as A kept a tight grip on Sophie's throat, making it impossible for the girl to breathe. 

"Sophie!" 

Sophie's eyes snapped open in an instant as she jolted awake. She bolted up – gasping for air as her hands shot up to her throat. She couldn't breathe which only sent the girl into a further state of panic. 

The blonde jumped as she felt a warm hand slowly caress her back, flinching away in a state of shock. However, once she realised that it was in fact Jason, she leaned into his touch, welcoming her embrace. 

Jason's arms wrapped tightly around Sophie's body, pulling her tightly into him as she tried to steady her breathing. His hands moved to run through her hair, trying his best to soothe the blonde. 

"You're okay" he said softly, placing a kiss on her head, "you're okay, I've got you" 

It took seventeen minutes before Sophie somewhat resembled normality. She made her way into the bathroom, splashing cold water onto her face as Jason retreated downstairs to get them a cup of coffee.