𝟑.𝟏𝟗 𝙒𝙝𝘼𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣-𝙝𝙚𝘼𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙

season 3, episode 19

✦✧✦✧

After the shit show that had happened at the cemetery, the girls had yet to speak to Spencer. They had tried of course, but all their efforts to talk to the brunette were unsuccessful. 

Spencer had well and truly hit rock bottom. 

Now, the girls stood around their lockers at school the next morning, their conversation naturally flowing onto the topic of their missing friend. 

"Did she show up to AP English?" Emily was the first to ask, "Was she even here today?"

"I think we would know if Spencer was here" Hanna retorted, "People would be running for cover"

"No shit" Sophie muttered. 

The blonde was torn on how she felt towards her friend. On one hand she was pissed that Spencer had dropped the Ali-was-pregnant bomb on Jason without even consoling the girls first. She was fuming that Spencer was taking her hurt on the rest of the girls. 

However, on the other hand, Sophie knew that Spencer was hurting bad. They had never seen Spencer act like this – not even when Ali went missing. She only wished that Spencer talked to them about what she was going through. 

"What?" Hanna defended after noticing the girls' stares, "Look, she is hurting and when people hurt, they lash out. We just need to give her some space"

"We have" Aria sighed, shutting her locker, "now she is living on Planet Free Fall"

"Has anyone talked to Toby?" Hanna asked. 

"No, but I left him a ton of messages" Emily replied, "Maybe I'll get some cupcakes and show up at her house"

"She doesn't have the flu" Hanna snorted, "she doesn't need ragbags and junk food, she needs to deal with her pain not cover it"

"Spoken like a true therapist" Sophie mused with a teasing smile. 

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure when you and Caleb broke up you locked yourself in your bedroom for two weeks and all you ate were eskimo pies" Aria chided. 

"They were skinny cows, and it was four days" Hanna countered, "besides I'm not Spencer I would ditch school for a hang nail"

"Yeah, well I'm going over there" Emily sighed. 

"You need to tell her what you remember about the blonde in the red coat" Aria told her, "And give her a riddle she needs to use that part of her brain again"

"Yeah and tell her I think I saw her too" Hanna added on. 

"Back up" Sophie said with wide eyes, "saw what?"

"When I went to that fake interview I could have sworn I saw a blonde girl in a red coat staring at me across the street" Hanna explained. 

During their conversation, Emily's eyes had drifted off elsewhere. From across the courtyard, she had found Spencer, and it wasn't long before the brunettes voice could be heard. Spencer was yelling at Andrew Campell. Her hair was unbrushed and frizzy, yanked back into a loose ponytail and judging by the eye bags under her eyes – it was clear she had barely slept.