𝟑.𝟎𝟖 𝙎𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙣 𝙠𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙨

season 3, episode 8

✦✧✦✧

Sophie sat on the edge of Emily's bed the next morning, picking at the skin on her fingers with her phone laid out in front of her. When she left for Emily's an hour prior, Jason was still sleeping. She figured he wouldn't be awake for a while yet, but that still didn't stop her from anxiously waiting for his message to come through. 

"Mona's trying to help us" Hanna said from where she was sat at Emily's desk, Spencer next to her, "why else would she give us this?" 

Sophie honestly wanted to bash her head against metal bed-rail. With everything that's going on – Mona's sudden willingness to help the girls, Maya's secret website, Wilden wanting Hanna's blood, Ali's missing body and Cece Drake turning up out of the blue. Oh, and not to mention their unknown frenemy – Sophie's head was pounding and no amount of aspirin could ease the throbbing sensation settled behind her temple.

"Emily's still on the phone" Aria informed them, walking back into the bedroom, "she seemed to have taken it okay, didn't she?"

"What, like we should be used to hearing from ghosts now?" Spencer muttered sarcastically. 

"Spencer, why can't you admit she is trying to help us?" Hanna protested. 

"Han, did you ever stop to think why Mona would want to help us?" Sophie interrupted, "come on we know better than anyone that she doesn't do anything unless there's something in it for her" 

"She's afraid of something" Hanna shot back, "Just like we were afraid of her"

"I don't know" Spencer sighed. 

"Yeah, you don't" Hanna fired back, "but the cops are still after my blood" 

"I told you" Spencer stressed, "my mom will handle that"

"I hate needles" Hanna sighed as she stood up and moved away from the desk. 

"Okay" Aria stated, "look, whether this is fake or not, we've gotta figure out what's on that site"

A silence fell over the four as Sophie stared at the picture of Maya still displayed on the laptop and a shiver ran down her spine. 

"It was Nate" Emily said as she walked back into her room. 

"What did he want?" Sophie asked. The raven-haired girl had been hanging out a lot with Maya's cousin for the past week or so and Sophie was honestly glad that Emily had someone who knew Maya to talk to. 

"I promised I'd hike up with him to the old boathouse" Emily told them, "told him it was Maya's favorite spot in Rosewood" 

"You're not gonna like" Spencer started, "tell him about this, are you?"