𝟑.𝟐𝟏 𝙊𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙

season 3, episode 21

✦✧✦✧

"Oh my god" Emily asked the moment she entered Spencer's bedroom, not wasting a moment before the wrapped the brunette in a tight hug, "are you all right?"

"Yeah" Spencer nodded, although her answer was rather distant.

Sophie sat on Spencer's left, phone pressed tightly to her ear as she desperately tried to get a hold of Hanna, only to be met with the blonde's voicemail once more.

"Thank god Aria got here when she did" Emily said, releasing from the hug.

"Where's Hanna?" Spencer asked, directing her question towards Aria.

"I don't know" Aria shook her head, "she won't answer any of my texts or calls"

"Yeah, me neither" Sophie said irritably, locking her phone.

"So, who is it?" Emily asked, getting straight to the point, "who's helping Mona?"

"We should wait for Hanna" Spencer mumbled.

"No this is too important to wait" Aria insisted.

"Okay, but you guys need to know that I've been warned not to tell you" Spencer said, her voice trembling as she spoke.

"What else is new?" Sophie scoffed.

"Wait a minute" Emily asked carefully, "you knew who it was before tonight?"

"Yeah" Spencer nodded, her face contorting with guilt, "I've known for a few weeks"

"Why didn't you tell us any sooner?" Aria asked.

"I wanted to be sure" Spencer muttered quietly, "I didn't want to believe that it could be true, but after tonight happened, I can't keep it to myself anyone". She paused, taking a deep, shaking breath before continuing, "Toby is A"

A collective gasp fell from the girls' mouths at the revelation. It felt as though all the air had been sucked out of the room – suffocating the girls and Sophie found it increasingly difficult to breathe.

A million and one questions were running through Sophie's brain and she found it hard to keep up. She opened her mouth to speak, but the words got lost at her lips and she closed her mouth once more.

Toby is A? Toby's working with A?

Aria took a step back, retreating to Spencer's bedroom window as the girls fell into silence, trying to comprehend what in the hell was going on. It was rather amusing to Sophie; they had waited so long to uncover the nameless face hiding behind a singular letter, but now they knew, no one knew what to say.

"So, what are we saying?" Aria asked quietly, being the first to break the silence, "that what Ali wrote in Emily's notebook is true?" she turned to walk back over to the three girls, "that Toby secretly hated us ever since Ali threw that firecracker in his garage?"

"Yeah, I guess so" Sophie muttered glumly.

"And the whole time that you two were together" Aria asked slowly, "he was just pretending?"

"Okay we all know how much Toby loves you" Emily shook her head, "this can't be true, there had to be more to the story"

"If he loved me, he would not have let me sit outside of his loft bawling my eyes out for hours" Spencer shot back, "okay? He wouldn't have taken everything out of A's lair when he knew that I had the key"