𝟏.𝟎𝟗 𝙋𝙡𝙚𝘼𝙨𝙚, 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝘼𝙡𝙠 𝘼𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙄'𝙢 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚

season 1, episode 8 part 1

✦✧✦✧

"I was afraid she wouldn't get it done in time for the memorial" Aria said, pushing a large box onto the counter in Spencer's kitchen. The girls were gathered in the Hasting's household, planning the final pieces of Ali's memorial.

"Someone from the gallery did this?" Sophie asked, handing Aria a screwdriver so she could start to undo the lip on the crate. 

"Yeah

"Where is your mom staying?" Hanna asked from where she was sitting on the couch. 

"There's an apartment above the gallery" Aria replied, "she's staying there for now"

"Kind of weird isn't it" Hanna said, her eyes not leaving the magazine she was reading, "your mom moving out" 

"Yeah, like it should have been my dad moving out" Aria scoffed, "that's what you would have expected right?" 

"Aria!" 

"I'm sorry" she sighed, "this whole thing just weird" 

"I know" Hanna said, giving the girl a sympathetic smile. 

"Did anyone call Shelly Leonard?" Sophie asked, unscrewing the box. 

"Done" Spencer replied, "I told her if she plays anything depressing, I will kick her cello" 

The girls all let out a little laugh from Spencer's comment.

"What about the program?" Aria asked. 

"Nearly done, but we should finish it before Ali's brother gets here" Sophie tightened her grip at Spencer's words and froze in her spot. She hadn't spoke to the boy since their chat up at the viewpoint, and Sophie had successfully ignored him ever since. She wasn't stupid, she knew that Jason would be back in town for the memorial, the boy had told her a few days previous, however Sophie was enjoying her time avoiding the boy. 

"Jason's coming?" Hanna asked. 

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you guys" Spencer replied, her eyes widening in realization, "He called me the other day, or well he returned my call when I asked him about it. Are you okay Soph?" 

The girls all turned to look at the blonde who was still frozen in her place. 

"Huh?" she asked, looking up at the mention of the name, "Oh yeah, I'm uh, I'm good. When's he getting in?"