𝟐.𝟎𝟖 𝙎𝙪𝙧𝙛𝘼𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣

Season 2, episode 7

✦✧✦✧

"I thought you were getting your own room?" Aria asked Emily as the five girls were seated around the kitchen island in the Marin household. After the fashion show, Emily's mom had finally agreed to allow Emily to stay with the Marin's whilst she moved to Texas to be with Wayne.

"That was before the pipes went off behind the walls" Emily said.

"They had to fix the pipes and put the wall back in so we're roomies until then" Hanna smiled.

"It will be fun" Emily nodded.

"I will give it a week before you want to murder her" Sophie snorted, turning to Emily.

"It's going to be like a sleepover that never ends" Hanna continued, seemingly not hearing Sophie's comment.

"Has Garrett called you about Ian's messenger?" Spencer asked.

"Not a sound"

"Guys we dragged Garrett into this. We have to trust him" Aria sighed.

Sophie scoffed at Aria's comment, although she concealed it with a rather pathetic excuse of a cough. She knew they couldn't truly trust Garrett, but she couldn't exactly tell her friends why – or how she knew that.

"We are trusting him with Ian's 10,000 dollars - I could have used some of that to pay for a replacement of Melissa's engagement ring"

"And if they trace the money from Ian to you?" Hanna asked, turning to Spencer, "How would you explain that?"

"I just don't like waiting" Spencer sighed, "If we are too quiet A will get bored and stir the pot"

"And if we don't say something A is gonna smack us down" Hanna countered, "I don't want to walk into another A trap like the fashion show"

"God the look on Mrs. DiLaurentis' face" Emily said sadly.

The doorbell rang, and Hanna excused herself to go answer it, "This isn't just about making us look bad anymore, is it?" Aria asked.

"No, it's about keeping us quiet" Sophie sighed.

"Why?"

"Because A might be the one who really killed Ali" Sophie answered Emily, "I mean, that's what we're all thinking, isn't it?"

"You guys" Hanna said, re-entering the room, a large gift basket in her hands, "Look at the card"

"What fun, two little liars under one roof. You're making this so easy. A" Emily read the card.

"It's not even good candy"

✦✧✦✧

"I need a favor" Aria said as she slammed her books down on the library table, sitting in the seat opposite Sophie.

"What is it?" Sophie asked, raising her eyebrow.

"I need you to be my date" Aria told her causing the girl to raise her eyebrows at the brunette.

"Come again?"

"My mom invited Jason over for dinner – and Ezra – and I need you to be my date to make sure I don't do anything stupid"

"Why can't you just ask any of the other girls?" Sophie asked.

"Because you and Jason are together, so it's a perfect excuse for you to be there" Aria said.