𝟑.𝟏𝟑 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝘼 𝙙𝘼𝙧𝙠 𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙚

season 3, episode 13

✦✧✦✧

One month had passed since the events in the Lighthouse. One month since Maya's true killer was revealed and Garrett Reynolds was proclaimed a freeman. Ever since the phone call the girls had received at the hospital, they hadn't heard so much as a peep from A. Things had been almost smooth sailing.

Almost.

October had come and gone in a heartbeat. The last day of the month had finally rolled around and the streets of Rosewood were draped in fake cobwebs and pumpkins. Whilst the small town of Rosewood was buzzing over the special holiday, Halloween marked a different day for Sophie Langford.

Sophie used to hate having her birthday on a national holiday, she hated that there was a focus on something that wasn't her. But as she got older and grew less selfish, she started to appreciate the day a lot more. A small part of Sophie was thankful for the matter as ever since Alison died, she never truly felt like celebrating without her best friend, it felt wrong. How could she celebrate the day that she was brought into the world when Alison was no longer here?

The blonde had always looked forwards to turning eighteen – her and Ali had huge plans to hold the most extravagant party to mark the start of adulthood. However, that was then and now the Langford girl couldn't think of anything worse than having a huge party surrounded by people she didn't give a shit about.

Sophie was awoken on the morning of her eighteenth birthday the same as she was every year. Her family had burst into her room, startling the girl awake as they gave her a rather awful rendition of 'Happy Birthday'. It was a tradition that the Langford family had honoured for as long as the blonde could remember.

Joanne carried a small cake, decorated with eighteen candles as she sat on the edge of Sophie's bed. Her siblings and Chris all sported hideous birthday hats that Sophie definitely knew they forced Blake to wear – the youngest Langford child looked less than pleased that he was forced to partake in their tradition at six am.

She was dragged downstairs by her mother before she was even fully awake. If she didn't know any better Sophie would've thought that it was in fact Joanne's birthday with how excited the woman was for Sophie to open her presents.

However, as she spotted the beautiful bouquet of flowers situated in the middle of the kitchen island – Sophie knew why her mother was so excited. The blonde didn't need to guess who they were from as a small smile grew on her face and her cheeks instantly felt hot by her mother's burning stare.

"You have that boy whipped" Nova teased, nudging Sophie's shoulder with her own.

"Just because you're single and lonely" Sophie grumbled back.

"Leave her alone Nova" Joanne warned, "he has good taste"

"I think Jason is slowly becoming the favourite child" Blake joked, taking a seat on the small couch opposite the kitchen table.