𝟏.𝟏𝟖 𝙅𝙚 𝙎𝙪𝙞𝙨 𝙐𝙣𝙚 𝘼𝙞𝙢𝙚

Season 1, episode 16

✦✧✦✧

Are you reading that fast or fanning yourself?" Spencer said to Hanna as she was sat in the library reading, or in Hanna's case flipping through her magazine. 

"What?" Hanna asked in confusion, "I'm sorry" she said before standing up. 

"Where are you going?" Sophie asked. 

"Eh, I left my lip-gloss in the history stack. I need to go get it" she explained before leaving. 

"Sometimes, thinking about how Hanna functions makes me lose brain cells"

✦✧✦✧

"What is the point of a swim off?" Sophie asked Emily as the two walked down the school halls alongside Spencer, "why would they pit you two against each other before a meet?"

"She's using our combined times to chose an anchor and right now we are tied" Emily explained. 

"Well, you will change that" Spencer smiled. 

"Maybe not" Emily said unsurely, "she wants it more"

"No Em" Sophie said, "you want it more and it's okay to admit that"

The girls came to a stop besides a poster hanging on the wall with the words 'PEER TUTOR WANTED IN FRENCH 3 FOR HOME SCHOOLED STUDENT' written in bold across the page. 

"You know who that's for don't you?" Emily said. 

"Toby?" Spencer asked and Emily nodded. Spencer reached out and ripped up one of the numbers below. 

"What are you doing?" Sophie asked. 

"I might be interested" Spencer shrugged. 

"Spencer don't" Emily tried to stop her, "you can't"

"Why not?"

"Because you'll be going there for the wrong reasons"

"Really? What if the same person who gave my name to the bead-lady is the same person who tried to frame Toby? What if that was A?"

"Can't you find out any other way?" Emily asked, "without asking him"

"Who else knows what he knows? If I can get him to talk-"

However, Emily cut Spencer off, "You won't get him to talk, he won't even look at you. He doesn't trust anyone else and honestly, I can't blame him"

"Maybe, but I have one piece of the puzzle and he has another then maybe we can put it together and maybe we can help each other" 

"Maybe I can help you" Sophie shrugged. 

"Soph, I love you, but your French skills are atrocious" Spencer laughed, "for your exam you just sung the words to Wannabe by the Spice Girls in French"