Chapter Three

One week has passed since Mylius and you started training for the military. So much has happened in so little time, that sometimes you need to stop to breathe and take it all in.

About two weeks ago, the titans attacked and ransacked Shinganshina, forcing you to leave. you starved for a few days before joining the military, and you successfully survived your first week as a cadet. That's more than you can say for some.

Teens left in droves the first few days of training. The pressure was too much for them, so much so that they'd rather do physical labor instead.

The one constant in your life was Mylius. Though, while you're so focused on your self-imposed mission to prove the captain of the scout legion wrong, he's trying to make some new friends, including a beautiful girl named Altiena. He's better at that stuff, anyway, so you just tag along.

Your mind kept dwindling on Levi. The man was so mysterious that you couldn't help but let him occupy your thoughts. It was to a point where it started getting annoying, though. You could swear you started seeing him around the training grounds.

You thought the whole time you must be hallucinating, since no one else seemed to acknowledge his presence. You saw him trudging towards you and your friends. Of course, this just happened to be the time you said something.

"Ugh." You scoffed loudly and looked at Mylius as you and some others sat at an outdoor dinner table after a satisfying meal. "I can't get my mind off that jerk, Levi. I'm so mad about it that my brain keeps conjuring images of him all around as if he's just taunting me in my head."

Mylius spun his head around, stopping to widen his eyes. He spoke softly. "(Y/N). You're not imagining things."

You felt the blood drain from your face.

"(L/N)." An authoritative voice said behind you as you tried to not show your face to him.

You shakily raised your arms to salute. "Sir." You said, quietly.

"Captain! My apologies! My friend here seems to be coming down with a fever!" Mylius said, almost yelling in the captain's face. "I must take her to the infirmary, sir! Please excuse us!"

Bless you, Mylius. You are my lifesaver.

Mylius grabbed your forearm and started to get up, but Levi waved him down. Sounding as unenthused as possible, he spoke. "It just so happens that I'm headed there right now. Let me."

As quick as the blood drained from your face, it came rushing back in.

"Look at her, she's burning up." The Captain said, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

There's no way he doesn't know we're bluffing. You thought.

For the second time since you met him, Levi outstretched his hand towards you. It was impossible to resist at this point; Mylius's brave attempt had not worked.

You reluctantly put your hand in his, but once you touched it almost felt like there were sparks flying. You noticed the slightest change in his expression for half a second, as well.

Did he feel it too?

He pulled on your arm gently as you got up from the table, following closely behind him as he walked. His hand grasped yours for an unusually long amount of time, before he let go. Your hand felt cold at the absence of his warm skin.

You could no longer see the table of your friends anymore. All in front of you was forest. "Um, sir? I don't think this is the way to the infirmary..." You said to the back of his head.