Short: Levi's Lost in Thought

Levi's POV.
(E/C) means your eye color.

I watched her twirl around on the top of the hill. She granted me the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen. Her hair glistened in the bright noon sunlight, and the heat of the summer day gave her sun-kissed skin. She was utterly gorgeous.

What did I do to deserve this woman?

"Leviiii!" She called to me from atop the hill, her voice as smooth as honey.

As much as I wanted to leave the mud pit I was essentially standing in at the bottom of the hill, I couldn't bring my legs to move. This was the first time in a few weeks I'd actually been able to stop and rest for even a second, and I just needed to catch myself.

She immediately took notice of this, because she was soon galavanting down the hill towards me. I was sure she would trip and fall, but she gracefully made her way down the hill, and in seconds, my hands were in hers, and she was pulling me back up.

It felt like I was merely a spectator in all this, watching her drag me up there. Of course, this was no problem for her, seeing as she's considerably strong and I am... relatively small.

I couldn't help but notice her heavier breaths as we reached the top, and as soon as we arrived, she dropped to her knees.

"Geez, Levi, you could have put your back into it a little." She huffed.

That's when I noticed it. There was a blanket spread on the top of the hill, which she had just kneeled on, and a picnic basket to her left. She looked up at me with sparkling eyes and patted the empty part of the blanket.

"(Y/N), I-" I started to speak, trying to figure out what to say as I went, but she cut me off.

"Just sit." She said, smiling sweetly.

I sat down and took in the beautiful sight in front of me. She was fiddling with the dainty piece of jewelry on her left ring finger- the representation of my love for her that I had just bestowed to her a month beforehand. It had only been on her hand for that amount of time, and yet it looked like it belonged there.

"You hungry?" She smiled.

I nodded.

Her gaze shifted to the basket as she started pulling things out of it. Fruits, cheeses, and miniature sandwiches spread out on little glass plates all over the empty space in the blanket between us. She spoke. "You're always the one setting up romantic stuff, so I thought I'd try and surprise you for a change."

Though she was right- I do go out of my way and plan most things- I didn't mind that at all. I'd do anything for her. "You didn't have to do that..." I voiced my thoughts. "Just being with you is enough for me."

Her cheeks dusted with a light pink at my last sentence. "I didn't do it cause I felt bad, I did it because I wanted to." She said.

A smile escaped my lips. "Thank you."

That earned me a proud smile from her. "Okay, dig in!"

The meal was incredibly refreshing- just what I needed. She told me she prepared it all herself. I'm one lucky man.

"Ah..." She said as she leant back on her arms. "That was great."

"Yeah. It was." I offered her a small smile as I started cleaning up our dishes. She tried to wave me away from them, but I remained adamant.

She sighed, letting me continue with my self-imposed chore. "Levi, what's your favorite color?

"White."