Chapter Twenty-One

You knocked on Levi's door, eager to receive the letter from Mylius that was surely awaiting you. You were aware your last letter contained the good news of your impending visit, so you were especially excited for his response this time. 

Levi cracked open the door. His hair was disheveled and he wasn't dressed, wearing just lounge pants and a t-shirt, and he looked pale. A look of worry came across your face and you scrambled inside, closing the door behind you. You looked at his unkempt state. You had never seen him looking like this before. He was always completely put-together. There could only be one solution.

"Levi, are you sick?" You asked. 

"Tch." He cleared his throat. "I have a perfect immune system. I don't get sick." He said. You would have almost believed him if he didn't immediately erupt into a violent coughing fit after saying that. 

You could feel a dark presence behind you, and you carefully opened the door. 

It was Hanji. She pushed her way in the room and placed her hand on Levi's forehead, causing his eyes to widen with pure rage. Before he could punch her, she retracted herself and straightened her posture, facing you. "I believe the captain has come down with a fever," she said, "which is most unfortunate. I'm sure he would have loved to continue believing he was impervious to sickness." She said matter-of-factly. 

Levi seethed with anger behind her. "I'm right here, four-eyes. Why are you talking to (Y/N) like she's the only one here?"

Hanji turned around and locked eyes with him, bending down to his eye level. "Because if I tell this to you, you won't listen. (Y/N) listens to me when I'm talking sense." She returned her attention to you as Levi grumbled curses behind her like an angry little kid. "Anyway... usually when someone gets sick they're sent to the infirmary, but I have a feeling Levi wouldn't like that." He shot Hanji a glare, but he did agree with her nonetheless. "It just so happens that I have errands to run today. So I'm leaving the responsibility up to my favorite student."

You tentatively raised your finger to your face. "Me? What do you want me to do?"

"Just make sure he isn't killing himself in here. You know he's going to try and still go about his normal business. You're one of the only people who can tame this creature." She said, as if she didn't fear death. Levi's eye twitched behind her. "I'm leaving it to you, (Y/N). Do me proud."

You could see now why she elected to have her back face Levi, because she offered you a sly wink with that last sentence. 

"Bye-bye! Have fun, kids!" She said, leaving the two of you alone in his office. 

"UGH!" Levi exclaimed, kicking the leg of a chair. "I can't believe this. All that work to get this far, and for what? I haven't been sick in years!" He continued kicking the chair, and you rushed toward him, grabbing him by the shoulders. 

"Stop! Levi, calm down. It's just a fever, it's not the end of the world."

"Easy for you to say. You don't have foreign harmful bacteria floating around in your body making you feel like crap." He said, shuttering. 

"Everyone gets sick once in a while. You're no exception. Come on, let's get you back to bed." You said, grabbing hold of his hand and pulling him toward the door of his bedroom. His feet didn't budge. You pulled harder. He still wouldn't move. 

He turned his face downcast so that his eyes were covered in the shadows of his hair. "Can I at least... make some tea first?" He mumbled. 

You sighed. Of course that's what he's concerned about. "I will make you tea. After you get in bed, okay?"