Chapter Twenty-Eight

The next week went by so fast that you almost forgot you needed to write a letter to your friends. You had finished your formal report on the recruits and handed it in to Commander Erwin, so now you were free to do what you wanted. You approached Levi's office door, knocking twice like always. It was interesting how much your relationship hadn't really changed- you still spent about the same amount of time with him; it was just that now you could kiss him and stuff.

You walked in the room and Levi was busy dusting his shelves. He pulled down his dust mask and put a hand on his hip. "You here to help me clean?"

You laughed. "You wish. I've been forgetting to write Mylius a letter all this time. He's probably waiting on me... I feel bad. So I gotta send one right away. Is Miller still around HQ?"

"I believe so." Levi said. He resumed to dusting the bookshelves, but you noticed he was having some trouble reaching the top shelf. An evil grin spread across your face.

"Need help?" You chuckled.

"Shut up." He mumbled. "You said you weren't going to help me, anyway. Just write your dumb letter."

You walked towards him. "You know there's no way you can reach that top shelf."

"Tch. Neither can you, idiot." He scoffed. Suddenly his feet were off the ground. "Wh-hey! What do you think you're doing?" The angry midget sat on your shoulders as you gripped his legs. This was no struggle for you; you were plenty equipped with the strength to lift a person after all of your rigorous training. This was just very unexpected.

"I'm helping." You said. You lifted Levi to the perfect height for full view of the top shelf. He couldn't argue, this was exactly what he needed. So, he just sighed and reluctantly cleaned the shelf, meticulously dusting around each book. This shelf was considerably more dusty because he never was able to reach it. The thought angered him for some reason. He was usually never bothered by his height unless someone made fun of him or it limited his abilities in some way. But this was completely new; you weren't making fun of him, you were just helping genuinely. He didn't know how to respond to this kind of thing, so he resorted to his default, which was just annoyance.

"I'm done, you can stop now." He muttered. You giggled and backed away from the shelf, keeping him on your shoulders. "(Y/N)." He protested. You could almost feel him getting angrier by the second. It was quite entertaining for you, but you knew you couldn't toy with him for long.

Just as you were about to bend down to let him off, he threw himself off of you, clearly not patient enough to wait. But the combination of him doing this and your process of bending over caused both of you to lose your balance, slamming onto the ground with a loud bang. You were fine, but Levi had just fallen from higher up, so you scrambled over to him in a panicked frenzy.

"Levi! I was just about to put you down, why did you do that??" You lifted your hand to his face. He had landed on his back, but his face only showed signs of frustration, not pain. He peeled your hand off of him and leaned up.

"That was your fault, idiot." He said.

"I'm sorry..." You said, your face downcast. He hated it when you got like that. He was mad for a second, but seeing you so dejected just turned his anger to guilt.

"No... no, it's fine. You were just helping me. I... could have exercised a little more patience." He said. You looked up at him.

"Are you hurt?" You asked.

"No, it's not like you're that tall either. I'm fine." He got to his feet and held out his hand to help you up. "You wanted to write your letter, didn't you? Go ahead. Just... don't make me sound too soft. I still need to keep my reputation." He said with a reassuring voice. The captain was being overly calm, probably trying to compensate for his hotheadedness just a few moments ago. He went back to cleaning the office and you readied yourself to write a letter.

You thought about what you would write. Your friends had told you they wanted details... but you didn't exactly want to write down the details of Levi's luscious lips on military-grade paper and have it sent through official military lines. So you'd settle for more vague storytelling. If your friends complained, they can just get over it. You can tell them the next time they see you in person. You sighed and put the pen to paper.

Mylius,

I am so sorry for my late response, I was so preoccupied with everything that I almost forgot I needed to write to you right away. I spent this week on training and detailed cadet evaluations so I was really distracted. But do not worry, I am here to tell you all the juicy details now.

Big surprise, I told Levi I liked him and he told me he liked me back. I feel like a little elementary school kid when I say that, but it's the truth. Hanji and Commander Erwin knew about it right away, which was kind of weird at first, but it ended up being really great because neither one of us are in trouble for ~workplace relations~ and such. Anyway, I'll tell you a brief story of what happened; I can tell you more at your graduation.

You remember when I told Levi I wanted to get wasted with him in one of my letters I sent when I was with you? Well, he took it seriously. On Friday night, we got some drinks and I was properly buzzed. It was good though, because I don't know if I would have had the guts to say anything if I wasn't intoxicated. And it was me who made the first move, with everything. I told him I liked him first and I kissed him first. It's kind of weird, Levi isn't very dominating with this stuff. I would have expected him to be, but he prefers to take things really slow. He isn't really comfortable with PDA, which is fine with me, I don't really care. It's just not what I thought would happen. What do you think? Is this completely out of character for him?

Anyway, our relationship hasn't really changed all that much to be honest, we can just be openly flirty and romantic with each other when we're alone. A few nights we've gone on little walks around the courtyard when everyone else is asleep, and then he'll hold my hand and it's really cute. Also, he's getting way more lenient when I call him short and stuff. I just think it's funny, I honestly never cared about his height in the slightest. I don't know why he's so self-conscious about it, but whatever. I hope I'm not being too mean to him. But something tells me he's got pretty thick skin.

How fast did you and Altiena go with things when you started dating? I feel like the whole regiment knows about us already, but it's not like we've come out officially and referred to each other in public as 'boyfriend & girlfriend,' and I don't think that's going to happen soon either. I just don't really have much experience with a real relationship, you know?

And another thing I could not believe. Levi has had almost no experience with women; he didn't say I was his first kiss, but he sure is acting like I was. The guy's a dreamboat; surely I can't have been the only person to notice. He's had to have had ladies all over him for his whole life, right? Or am I crazy?

Let me know how everyone is doing, and feel free to share this letter with all of them. I love you guys so much and I can't wait for your graduation. What will it be, a few months now? I'm gonna be counting down the days.

Miss you,

(Y/N)

End of Chapter 28!

Thank you for reading!