Chapter Twenty-Four

"Take it easy, (Y/N)!" Mylius said, as you downed one of several drinks that night. You think it was around 5 or 6.

"Look who's talking!" You yelled back at him as you noticed the 7 empty bottles next to his place.

"I'm bigger than you, I'm older than you, and I have a higher tolerance than you." He said, counting on his fingers.

"Tch." You said, waving him off. "It's my birthday, and you all did this for me, so I'm gonna enjoy it." You said, your words slurred.

Each of your friends had gotten to the point of at least being tipsy by now. You didn't want to go so far as to black out, but you wanted to experience something new as well. Tomorrow you'd have to get back to work, so you were going to enjoy this time now.

Your drunken mind led you to thoughts of Levi, which made you suddenly talkative.

"Guys..." You said, leaning forward and setting down your cards for the game you were all playing.

"Uh... yeah?" Renko said.

"I need to tell you all a secret." You whispered loudly. Your friends all looked around at each other with worried faces.

"Please, (Y/N), enlighten us." Mylius said. "But don't embarrass yourself."

"(Y/N), I don't want you to say something you don't mean for us to know by accident." Ella said, with a look of concern on her face.

"You guys... you guys are my best friends. I don't have anything to hide from you. Plus, I'm sure it's not gonna be a shock to any of you."  You said, pulling Altiena in under your arm as she giggled.

"Is this what I think it is?" Silva looked up from her drink.

You pointed a finger at her drunkenly. "Yes." She smirked and leaned back on her arms. "Alright guys, I'm gonna tell you my secret." You whispered, and leaned in close. Everyone in the circled leaned in closer as well.

"(Y/N), tell us!" Altiena begged.

"Ok, ok." You waved your hands in the air. "I like like Captain Levi."

You scanned your friends faces, expecting some form of shock. Instead they all looked bored and unsurprised.

"Uh, that was a secret? I thought we all knew this..." Jun said, looking around the circle. "(Y/N), did you seriously think we didn't know this already?"

"I mean, kinda..." You mumbled.

"I knew right away!" Silva yelled, thrusting her hand in the air. "I told all of you something was there when he carried her off the training grounds that day. And then I even said something to him and he looked at me funny. I could tell he felt something was there too. Wonder if he's noticed yet."

"I think he has. I haven't seen him this whole time but the way you talk about him in your letters really seems like he likes you to me." Mylius said.

"It's looooooove~" Altiena sang. You smothered her in your arm.

"Shhhh! I don't know if it's all that. But maybe." You said.

"(Y/N)! You have to confess to him right away!" Ella said, finally piping up. You didn't know she was so invested in your love life until now. "I've been thinking about the two of you, and there's like a 99% chance he feels the same way."

You chuckled nervously. "That means there's still a 1 per cent chance he wouldn't reciprocate my feelings. But... I have already decided I'm going to tell him. I talk to Section Commander Hanji about him sometimes and she thinks I have a really good chance too. So, the plan her and I came up with is that I would go here for the week, and then he'd miss me and realize how much he wants me around, and then when I come back it'll be even sweeter when we meet again and confess to each other... if everything goes exactly as planned. I told her it was a loose plan. But she knows me- I'm gonna tell him when I get back."