Short: Surprise

"Alright, we're here!" said Mylius as he opened the door to the kitchen.

"We got the stuff!" Altiena cheered from behind him. She was carrying a large paper bag which you could only assume held the ingredients you had requested.

As she laid it on the counter and started emptying the contents, another head poked through the door. "Hey... are you guys partying in here without us?" Silva sneered, then she came through the door, Renko trailing behind her. "What's goin' on?"

You frowned. "Hey, if we're all in here, someone's going to get suspicious!"

Renko raised his eyebrows. "Suspicious about what?"

"About your surprise?" Silva said, leaning toward the door.

"Shhhh!" Altiena sprang forward and covered Silva's mouth with her hands. "Captain's gonna find out if you're too loud!"

Silva peeled the girl off of her and crossed her arms. "Fine. (Y/N), what can I do to help?"

You brought your finger to your chin. You hadn't planned on getting extra help, but this might actually turn out to be in your favor. "You guys can be a distraction. Keep him away from the kitchen and his office. We're going to set up everything in there, so he can't be inside." You said.

"How long is this all gonna take?" Renko asked.

Mylius answered. "2... 3 hours maybe?"

Silva and Renko exchanged a look. "We can make that work." He said. The two locked their arms together and waltzed out the door of the kitchen, leaving you with Mylius and Altiena. Altiena was raring to go, but the poor thing was a bit clumsy. You tasked her with basic activities- mixing batter and frosting, and Mylius handled all the details. He was incredibly skilled with decorating baked goods, for some reason. It made sense- his job in Shinganshina all those years ago was at a bakery, after all.

You decided to handle the decorating in the office portion of this ordeal, so you headed over there in hopes that Renko and Silva had fulfilled their end of the bargain.

~

Silva spoke first after they left the kitchen. "Okay, I'll go make a mess in the barracks, and then you distract him for a few minutes, and then I'll come running in claiming there's some catastrophe that only Levi and his incredible cleaning skills can conquer. He always jumps at the chance to clean something up. Do you think that'll work?"

"You're a genius, Silva." Renko placed a kiss on the back of her hand like a prince would. "That's why I love you. It's a fool-proof plan."

Silva placed a hand on her cheek to dramatically blush at her lover's actions. "Stop it, you." She teased. Then she headed off in the other direction. Renko kept on his way towards Levi's office. It was only after Silva had left that he realized he was stuck with the hard part of the job. It was difficult enough to be in the same room as Levi, now he was going to have to find some way to distract him? Even if it was just for a few minutes, it was a daunting task.

He mulled over different ways to go about the situation, but before long, he was standing in front of Levi's door. His hand automatically balled into a fist and knocked on the door twice.

"What?" Came a muffled, coarse voice from inside.

"Captain Levi? It's Renko." Renko heard some shuffling, and a few seconds later the door cracked open to reveal the small man. Renko was almost a whole head taller than him, but that didn't make him any less terrifying.

"Cadet Taylor? What are you doing here?" He said, his bored tone laced with curiosity.

Renko swallowed. "Uh, I j-just was strolling by and decided to say hello." Renko mentally kicked himself. Idiot! He thought. How are you supposed to carry on a conversation from that?