Short: Risks

The art above this chapter is my own! If you like it, find me on instagram @takastrapi!

This story takes place while Levi is living with Isabel and Furlan in the Underground.

Levi carefully wiped the shelves of the small apartment, making sure he got every bit of dust on his rag. He simply could not stand it if his living space was dirty.

"Bro..." Said a whiny voice behind him. "Can I be done sweeping now? I'm tired."

Levi turned around to witness Isabel, with messy pigtails and holding a broom. Her dust mask was pulled down around her chin. Levi descended from the step-stool he was standing on and stood in front of her, then he reached around her face and lifted the dust mask back above her nose. 

"No. It's still dirty." He said, with a cold tone.

Isabel groaned. A small chuckle came from the kitchen, where Furlan was doing the dishes. "You gotta do a good job the first time around, Isabel, or it'll take longer."

"See? Furlan understands." Levi said. He gave Isabel a pat on the head and turned around to resume dusting, as she slumped her shoulders and started sweeping again. "And do a good job, this time." He added.

Suddenly there was a soft knock at the door. All three of them whipped their heads around, locking themselves in intense eye contact with one another. Furlan and Isabel moved to where whoever was outside the door would not see them, and Levi walked toward it, keeping a hand holding a knife behind his back. 

He opened the door a sliver. "What do you want?" He grumbled. 

"Uh... hi..." Whimpered a high-pitched voice. Levi opened the door wider, allowing the visitor to see him. He still kept a tight grip on the knife behind his back. He could hear Furlan and Isabel's whispers behind him.

The girl outside the door was short, apparently shy, and quite attractive. She wrung her fingers together and kept her eyes glued on Levi's feet, unable to look up at him. She was shorter than him, after all. She spoke again. "You're Levi, right? I, uh, I see you around sometimes, and I think you're really handsome. I... wanted to know if you would go out on a date with me."

How forward, he thought. But it didn't matter. "No." He said, his tone cold as ice.

"W-wait," She stuttered, finally bringing her eyes to meet his. However, his glare was so intense that she had to immediately look away again. "I just want to get to know you... I swear you'll have fun, I'll even pay-"

"Who put you up to this?" Levi demanded. He leaned out of the doorway, looking around the girl to see if any rival gang members were waiting around the corner to kill him. 

She was flustered by the sudden close contact, but Levi didn't seem to care. "N-no one..." She stuttered. "I just wanted to take you out... honest..."

"I'm not interested." Levi said.

The girl's eyes became slightly shiny. She would surely start to tear up. Levi did not want to deal with that, so he started shutting the door. "Please." She said, bringing her eyes to meet his once again. Her voice was filled with a bit more confidence. "Just one date."

Levi stood there, considering the options. Free food wasn't really such a bad idea. He wouldn't have to clean up from the meal, either. There really was no downside to this. 

He folded his arms. "Ok, sure." He said. "I don't even know your name, though, idiot." 

The girl's face broke into a sweet smile. "It's Olivia! Are you free tonight? I'll come back around here in a few hours!" It was as if she were never about to cry just a few seconds ago.