Chapter Nineteen

The sun shone through the cracks in the blinds onto a fuzzy image of Captain Levi laying on white sheets in front of you, his eyes closed. He looked so peaceful like that.

What a nice dream.

His hair looked so soft, and it's very existence was almost begging you to touch it. This was just a dream, so you obliged to the wills of your dreamscape. You slowly brought you hand to his face, brushing away strands of hair from his closed eyes. You ran your fingers gently on top of his raven-black hair, tracing your fingertips down his jawline and to his chin. His skin was flawless- this man looked like he had never aged a single day.

This was your favorite kind of dream. It felt like you had no responsibilities, and you could just stay under these warm covers forever, admiring the man in front of you. You would have very much liked for that to be the reality. You let your hand remain gently caressing his face. You felt like you were floating on a cloud, and nothing could bring you down from this dream. Soon, the man stirred and his eyes slowly opened, immediately meeting yours. It was a good thing this was just a dream, or you would retracted your hand with such force that you might hurt yourself.

But instead you kept tracing your fingertips across his cheek. He just blinked at you, barely keeping his eyes open, letting them adjust to the light. You smiled at him and whispered. "Hello there, Levi."

His stare became rather intense. "Good morning." He mumbled, his voice raspy from sleep. This dream was awfully realistic.

"Silly Captain..." You said. "It's not morning yet. I'm still dreaming."

His breath hitched, but you didn't notice. She thinks this is just a dream...? He thought. He pursed his lips to keep the evil smirk from reaching his face. He quite enjoyed your apparent touchiness, though he did feel a bit bad since you thought it was all a dream. Maybe he'll play along for now, and save you the embarrassment for later.

He looked at your smiling morning face and felt warm inside. That, and the fact that your bodies were so close made him feel even warmer. For some reason, he also liked the fact that you were wearing his clothes. But he tried to push the thoughts away, deeming them inappropriate. Maybe the best thing to do was to get you to fall back asleep.

Levi brought his hand to hold yours against his face, ceasing your movement. You let your arm relax. Then, he did something you knew would only happen in a dream. He started singing.

It was a tune with no words, just the sounds of his barely-awake voice plucking out notes in 'hm's and 'la's. It was heavenly. His singing voice was like nothing you'd ever heard before. It was so unique and beautiful, you wanted to stand up and cheer for him. But your body was too tired to move, so you let your eyes close and enjoyed the music escaping his lips.

The sound of his voice lulled you back into a dreamless sleep.

-

When you awoke, you were greeted with the sight of your hand laying on empty sheets, where a person must have been. Suddenly your memories came flooding back. You had spent the night sleeping in the Captain's bed, but you remember sleeping facing the other way. You retracted your arm and brought it under the covers, praying you didn't do anything strange while you were sleeping.

Your eyes lazily scanned the room, then landed on Levi sitting at the foot of the bed, his back toward you.

You grumbled. "Good morning." You said.

"Finally." He scoffed. "I thought you were out for good."

"Ha." You feigned an annoyed tone. "I, uh... I didn't do anything weird last night, right?"