Short: Becker

"Gotcha!" Silva laughed as she snatched a bow out of Altiena's hair.

"Hey!" Altiena protested. "(Y/N) gave me that!"

One of the other girls perked up. "Really? Where did she get it from?" Katherine asked.

Altiena lifted her finger to her chin. "Well, you know that town we went to a couple of weeks ago to train with our ODM gear in? She disappeared for a little while... she said she got it in a shop there."

"Right..." The other girl, Mia said. "Our squad leader disappeared, leaving us with good ole' Captain Levi to watch over us. I swear, I can't catch a break around the guy. He's so intimidating..."

"I always feel like I'm going to mess up in front of him, and then it ends up happening because I'm so nervous about it." Katherine said. "I just wanna get on his good side, you know?"

Altiena and Silva glanced at each other, smirking.

"That guy's nothing to worry about." Silva said, crossing her legs and putting her arms behind her head. "He's all talk; that shorty's got nothing but a bad attitude. Trust me, I can see right through the guy. He's a big softie on the inside. Right, Altiena?"

"Uhh.. Silva?" Altiena flicked her eyes above Silva's head, suggesting she look behind her.

Silva slowly lifted her head backwards, revealing the scariest version of the captain she'd seen yet. It took a lot for her to get intimidated by him, but this image gave her chills. His eyes were dark, and it felt like there were shadows growing from behind him, consuming the room the girls occupied. Katherine and Mia covered their mouths with their hands, and Altiena still sat wide-eyed. Silva had no time to think of something witty to say.

"Captain!" She exclaimed.

"Cadet." He hissed the word out.

"W-what are you doing in the girls' barracks? Get out, you perv!" Silva yelled, reaching for a pillow. That insult was the best she could do for now. He had caught her off-guard. She flung the pillow at him, but he blocked it with his arm, still retaining his expression.

"I heard my name." He said.

"Yeah, okay, that happens, buddy. You don't need to come in here!" She was turning around now, standing up from the bed she was sitting on before. She reached for another pillow to throw at him, but his firm voice stopped her in her tracks.

"Becker. Outside. Now." He turned on his heel and walked out the door, leaving it open.

All three girls' eyes were on Silva, and she turned to face them. She offered a weak smile and crossed her fingers. "If I die...heh... You know what happened." She whispered. She grabbed a long cardigan from the floor and shrugged it on. It was probably clean; not like she was dressing to impress Levi, of all people. She would have liked it if her clothes weren't strewn all over the ground, but she blamed her roommates.

When she closed the door, she noticed the man standing against the outside wall, arms crossed. He was barely even moving.

Despite the fact that she was about 6 inches taller than him at this point, it still felt like he loomed over her.

He opened his eyes and glared at her.

From across the courtyard, Mylius Thatcher saw the two strong-willed soldiers. He smiled knowingly.

Levi sighed and pushed off of the wall. "Walk with me, brat." He said.

Silva was confused, but obeyed. She trailed a few steps behind him, not quite at his side. It felt strange to do so, since that was so often her friend's spot. For the first time in a long time, she couldn't read the man. He was acting uncharacteristically and unpredictably.