| 61 | - Lineage

•• November 7, 2013 ••

Y/N and the group gathered their things and moved on. After traveling for some time, Daryl and Rosita stopped the caravan to inform the others about the collapsed bridge ahead.

As Rosita spoke, Y/N looked over at the debris.

"Two other herds merged into Silvia, so now it's even bigger. One of them came through here, and the back end took down the bridge. Took the walkie repeater with it."

Rick looked over at the rushing waters below the collapsed pathway. He let out a huff.

"What about Route A?" Daryl asked her. "Is that clear yet?"

"It's still too close to the herd."

Michonne looked at Maggie. Y/N did so too and he knew she was wondering how she was going to get back to Hilltop quickly.

"We can get to Alexandria from this side, stay there till it passes." Michonne said.

"No. Route A has taken days to clear before." Maggie replied. "I need to get home to Hershel.

Hershel was Maggie's son who was born about a year ago. Y/N understood her worry, though, as he would've liked to go back home to AJ soon as well.

Carol spoke up. "We could take Route D. It's early enough in the day."

Rick turned back to face the group. "Keep an eye on the trade road in case anyone else tries to move through."

He then walked over to Father Gabriel and spoke to him too.

"Gabriel, y'all can head back to Alexandria from here."

The former priest nodded. Rick faced Y/N afterward.

"You and your folks are with me." He said. "We can all go to the Sanctuary or Hilltop, stay the night, and head off from there."

Y/N let out a sigh. Both communities were on the way to the Oasis, but as Rick said, they'd have to spend the night at one of them.

"Is Route A still out of the question?" Clementine asked, wanting to get home as soon as possible to AJ. Like Maggie, she wanted to see her son.

"Very risky." Daryl spoke. "You and your posse go out there alone and something goes wrong..."

Y/N looked over to Clementine, giving her a reassuring expression.

"We should take Route D with them. A lot safer and we have the numbers." He said, then spoke more quietly. "AJ's fine back home. Don't worry."

The brunette nodded. Y/N smiled and looked at Louis and the other Oasis volunteers.

"Is that all right? A couple of quick stops for the night?"

Louis nodded. The volunteers, which included Bobby, agreed too.

"Alrighty then." The young man said.

People started to make their way back to their methods of transportation. The respected leader put a final word in.

"Take care. Get home safe."

• •

The group traveled toward Hilltop with their wagon and supplies. Unfortunately, the wagon had gotten stuck in the mud and their horses had a rough time pulling them.

Rick came back after checking the road ahead. He got off his horse as Michonne spoke from the top of hers.

"Rick, the horses can't pull the wagon through this mud."