| 25 | - Moving Forward

Clementine: Y/N.....Y/N.....

You open your eyes, and see Clementine. She has her hands on your chest trying to wake you.

You: Clem?

You sit up, and give her a hug. Clementine kisses you as you two embrace.

Clementine: What happened? Where's everybody else?

You stand up, and help Clementine to her feet.

You: It's all gone, Clem. Everybody's gone.

Inside, you weren't for sure if people like Rick, Daryl, and Maggie were gone for good. But, you weren't optimistic.

Clementine: ....the prison?

You shake your head as you look down.

You: Destroyed.

Clementine looks at the tree line towards where the prison was. She begins to cry. You hug her.

You: We can't look back anymore. We just gotta keep moving.

Clementine nods as she sobs. Tears were forming in your eyes as well.

You: ....come on. Let's go while we still have sunlight.

You go over to get your rifle from near the log. You sling it over your shoulder and look back at Clementine.

She wipes her eyes, and pulls out the handgun from her waistband. She checks the magazine, and loads it back in. She gives you a nod, and the both of you begin walking.

••

It's been five days since the prison collapsed. You and Clementine have been going north towards Ohio. You figured maybe there would be something there.

You made it to a small town called Stephenson in West Virginia. You and Clementine spotted a house to settle in for the night. It was sunset and it would be getting dark soon.

You: I spot three. You?

Clementine: I see three as well. There might be others in the rooms.

You give a nod, and Clementine enters the house first.

SULK!

She kills one walker in the living room. Another starts stumbling out of the kitchen.

SULK!

You kill the walker.

The third walker starts shambling towards you, growling.

SULK!

Clementine kills it.

You both still hear moaning in one of the rooms. You go investigate, and you see what's making the noise.

You see an aged walker sitting in its wheelchair. She's basically fused to the contraption for years of sitting there.

The walker growls and starts reaching at the both of you. You shake your head, and walk up to it.

SULK!

You kill it, finally. You sheathe your knife.

You: The place clear?

Clementine: Seems like it.

You: Then, we got a place to settle for the night.

••

You sit up on a cot in the middle of the living room. Clementine is on one too as the two of you eat. A candle is beside you to light the room.

You quietly eat your food, and Clementine notices that you're in your thoughts.