| 24 | - Amid The Ruins

You saw what the Governor did to Hershel. Maggie began screaming, and Rick's yell was heard from the courtyard.

Rick: NO!

BANG!

Rick pulled out his revolver and shot at the Governor, hitting him in the shoulder.

Carl was the first of your group to fire.

BLAM!

You followed suit and shot at the soldiers with your rifle.

POW!

You pulled back the lever and fired again.

POW!

The battle against the Governor had commenced.

BRAKAKAKA!

BANG! BANG!

POW!

BLAM!

BRAKAKAKAKA!

Governor: Go through the fence in your cars. Get your guns, we go in. Kill them all.

The tank began to drive through the fences, and was making it up the yard. Other cars began to follow behind.

You: Fall back!

BOOM!

The tank shout a round into a building nearby.

BOOM!

It shot another round at the basketball courts near you.

Beth: I'm out of ammo!

Maggie: Get to the bus! I'll cover you!

Beth and Maggie ran the other way.

POW! POW!

BRAKAKAKAKA!

Tyreese looked at Bob and Sasha.

Tyreese: Go! Get out of here!

The two of them ran the other way as Tyreese continued to shoot at the soldiers.

POW! POW!

You and Clementine were with Tyreese. The three of you saw the tank move up into the courtyard.

BRAKAKAKA!

Clementine shot at a soldier who ran beside the tank. 

Tyreese: Get back!

You started following Tyreese, but then the tank shot another round.

BOOM!

Rubble fell a few feet in front of you. Tyreese kept running, you both couldn't follow because of the debris in your way.

Clementine: Over here!

You followed Clementine and dove behind a couple benches.

POW!

You peeked out of cover and shot a soldier.

In the distance, you see the bus leaving. You hope people like the kids and the elderly made it out safely.

BANG BANG!

BRAKAKAKA!

You and Clementine continued to shoot at soldiers, and once there was an opening, Clementine motioned you to follow her.

Clementine: Let's go!

The two of you run, but you hear the tank beginning to charge up its round.

You: Watch out!

Before you knew it, the tank shot a round at the wall near the both of you. The explosion sent you and Clementine flying.

Your vision is blurred, and you're in a daze. You expect the tank to finish you off, but you hear another explosion and see that it had been destroyed.

You: ....Clem?

You look around, and see Clementine a few yards away from you. You quickly get up, and run over to her.

You: Clem? Clementine?

She's on the ground, but not moving.

You: Oh god....

For a second you're afraid that she's dead, but you check her pulse and see that she's not. Only unconscious.

You can still hear distant gunfire, and see walkers shambling around through the smoke and dust.

You: We're getting out of here, Clem.

You sling your rifle over your shoulder and begin to carry her bridal-style. You start walking out of the courtyard, and try to reach the fences.

You tread through the field, coming across bodies of walkers and soldiers. You finally find an opening, and go through the fence.

You're tired, but you keep moving. You continue holding on to Clementine as you make your way to the tree line.

You: We're out....we're out.

You turn back as you still hold Clementine in your arms. You see the prison.

Fences were down, buildings were destroyed, fires continued to burn, walkers were shambling across the yard....what was once a safe haven was now in ruin.

You turned around and continued to walk through the woods. After about ten minutes, you stop and put Clementine down against a log. You drop down onto your knees, then lay on the ground.

You begin to catch your breath, and unsling the rifle from your shoulder, putting it down near the log. You get up, and kneel near Clementine.

You: Clem? Clementine?

You try to wake her, but it doesn't work.

You: Please....wake up.

She still doesn't. You take a deep breath.

You place a kiss on her forehead, and lay beside her against the log.

You were going to lay there until she woke up. Didn't matter how long it took, you were going to be the first person she saw once she did.

Your body continued to ache from the ordeal at the prison. Your head stung from a cut you acquired by the blast from the tank.

You took another breath, and closed your eyes, trying to take in the tranquility from the silence of the woods.

A/N: That's the end of the prison arc. You probably expect Y/N and Clementine to meet back up with Rick and the others within the next few days like they did in the show, but I have something else in mind.....

Stay tuned.