| 57 | - Recovery

It was the next day. The four communities, along with Oceanside, started settling back into their ways. Reformed Saviors went back to the Sanctuary, and hoped to make something out of it with the help of the communities.

• •

Negan laid in bed with his eyes closed. His neck was bandaged and was recovering from the throat slit you had given him. Rick, Michonne, and Siddiq were in the room.

Michonne: We know you're awake.

Negan gave a weak smile, eyes still shut.

Negan: I never said I wasn't.

Michonne: Good, because we need to tell you some things. And you don't have to open your eyes now, but you're gonna open them soon.

Negan then opens his eyes.

Michonne: Because we're gonna make you watch what happens.

Rick: And this isn't about who you killed. No, we've killed people. No, this is about what you did to us...to Y/N...to so many people.

Rick stepped closer to the side of his bed.

Rick: How you made people live for you, how you put people under your boot.

Negan tried to lean his head forward, replying in a raspy tone.

Negan: I saved people!

Michonne grabs Negan's neck and pins him back down onto the bed. Siddiq keeps a watchful eye over the injured Negan.

Siddiq: Michonne.

Michonne looks back at Siddiq, Negan still grunting.

Michonne: He needs to know. This isn't a discussion.

Rick: We can open up his stitches for a little while just to remind him.

Negan swallows as Michonne keeps him pinned down.

Rick: Y/N could've killed you. I would've. But he believed in what Carl envisioned. Your own nephew wanted you to be a part of that...

Negan stays quiet, listening.

Rick: ...and I want to honor that. Carl pictured something better. All of us working together for something bigger than all of us.

Rick begins to pace around the room.

Rick: And you'll have a job, too.

Michonne lets go of Negan's neck.

Michonne: Yeah. You get to be a part of it. You'll be an example of what this will be.

Rick: We're not gonna kill you. We're not gonna hurt you. You're gonna rot in a cell.

Michonne: For the rest of your life, day after day.

Rick: You're gonna be evidence that we're makin' a civilization, something like we had, something we're gonna get back.