| 26 | - New Faces, New Places

You shake Lee's hand, then turn around to shake Louis's.

You: Glad to see some friendly faces around here. The last week hasn't been kind to us.

Louis: Us?

Clementine: Hands up!

You see Clementine holding her handgun at Lee and Louis. You hold out your hand and go over to her.

You: Woah. Woah. Calm down. They're friendly.

Clementine: How would you know that?

You: Just trust me.

Clementine looks at you, then puts her gun down.

Lee turns to Clementine.

Lee: Okay....my name's Lee. This is my nephew, Louis.

Clementine gives a nod.

Clementine: Clementine.

••

You, Lee, Louis, and Clementine sat in the lobby. You've been talking for some time. Mostly about your time at the prison.

Lee: Ain't that some shit?

Louis: I'm sorry to hear that.

You: We thought we'd be safe there, but things like that don't seem to last.

You look over at Clementine who sits beside you, and hold her hand.

Lee: You've been together long?

Clementine: I've known him since the beginning. We started being together about three months ago.

You: We could've done it sooner, if we're being honest. We've liked each other for a long time. Once we got to settle down, we made it official.

Lee: Young love. It's nice to see that nowadays.

Lee turns to the 19 year old on his left.

Lee: Louis here was always trying to be a ladies' man in high school. I had to talk to him about those things since he was to afraid to ask his dad.

Louis: Lee...

Lee began chuckling, then his smile faded.

Lee: We've lost people. We were in a group ourselves. His dad was there, my brother Bud, he didn't make it.

Louis: We've been on the road for six months.

You nod.

You: I'm sorry about that.

Clementine: Where were you two headed?

Lee: We heard about this settlement up in Virginia, at a high school. They call it the Kingdom.

Louis: It's just one of those stories we hear....like Wellington. We can't be for sure.

Lee: It's better to find out and be wrong than to never try, Louis.

You: Your uncle's right. You just got to have hope.

Clementine smiles at your statement.

Lee: And you two? Did you have a destination in mind?

You: Not really. We just kept moving north.

Lee looks down, and nods. He then looks up again.

Lee: Come with us. Maybe we can find the Kingdom. You can find that sanctuary you once had.

You look at Clementine. She looks back at you awaiting what you want to decide.